Manager II, Engineering at Uber
About the Role
The Customer Obsession team provides an end-to-end customer engagement platform for all Uber products: Ride sharing, UberEats, Uber for Business, UberHealth, UberFreight. We strive to provide world class customer support to our end-users: riders, driver-partners, restaurants, eaters, freight carriers, truckers, uber business partners and hospitals, by building and integrating a bespoke suite of tools for our Customer Service representatives. Our product solutions contribute directly to profitability and revenue, helping Uber move towards sustainable growth. Our ambition is to establish customer care as a competitive advantage and market differentiator in our industry
As we scale our platforms globally in multiple regions with our various products and LOB's (Mobility, Delivery, Freight, etc.), we have embarked on a journey to solve some of the challenges in customer service interactions by developing Policy Engine (PE) a platform that enables standardization of SOP authoring, navigation, execution and experimentation to improve efficiency, increase egalitarian application of policies, optimize R&A spend and enable automation.
This is a full stack team that owns the solution space end to end.
What You'll Do
- Drive execution and results for the team
- Working with partners to come up with metrics for the team's success and represent the team to stakeholders and the rest of the organization
- Establish the team vision and roadmap by assessing the direction of the company and the needs of customer teams. You will align and translate this into short team tactical plans and a longer-term vision
- Hire and develop engineering talent
- Collaborate and influence other business partners by sharing and communicating roadmaps with external teams & setting shared goals across teams to collectively deliver results efficiently
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Solid experience building back end or full stack products software across the stack (mobile, consumer/enterprise products, backend services, data pipelines and ML) in product engineering
- Experience building and leading a product software engineering team
- Proficient in one of the following programming languages: Java, Go, Python, C/C++
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 4+ years of experience managing a team of 10+ engineers with a diverse skill set
- Track record of leading, recruiting, and retaining strong engineering talent and growing effective teams
- Proven ability to develop other strong engineers into senior engineers, operating and leading their own initiatives with high impact
- Experience building consumer facing products with a large user base
- 3+ years of experience in Applied ML (Recommender systems, Search, Ads, Content relevance etc.)
- Knowledge of large dataset storage systems like HDFS (+Hive) and data distribution systems like Kafka
- Infrastructure scalability knowledge or experience
- Data pipeline experiences: batch offline data and real-time data pipelines
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.