Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
We're looking for a Senior Tableau Developer to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served.
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare. We’re empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions, and engaging patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country, improving patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization, and we are thrilled about the work that we accomplish every day. We’re transparent. Collaborative. Relentless in pursuit of our mission. With a confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation. And we know that the community we are growing is greater than any one individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and connected to the most modern internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical decision support, patient engagement and outcomes and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
Could this be you?
See for yourself how a Senior Tableau Developer helps reshape successful healthcare with VillageMD:
The Senior Tableau Developer will be independently accountable for turning visualization prototypes and data models into well-engineered solutions that improve the effectiveness of primary care for doctors and patients.
How you can make a difference
During your first year, you can expect the following professional challenges:
- Take ownership of reporting solutions that utilize data visualizations to drive workflow
- Enhance and design dashboards to improve the end-user experience and product performance
- Lead the creation of a flexible foundation that allows us to readily present data with a high level of data integrity
- Test and validate data models and newly developed reports
- Interface with market stakeholders to support new iterations of reporting requirements
- Turn visualization prototypes and subject area data models into well engineered, enterprise-grade visualization solutions
- Provide report writing expertise in development of the VillageMD visualization methodology and enterprise data infrastructure
- Build the foundation of how our data is organized and presented to partners across markets
- Operationalize reporting and creating a flexible architecture that can support tremendous growth and changing KPIs
Skills for success
As a successful VillageMD Senior Tableau Developer, you possess:
- A desire to be accountable for owning problems from design to implementation
- An understanding of the difference between data and knowledge
- A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
- A preference for scaling small teams by bringing to bear automated testing and engineering best practices to deliver features
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through effective communication and doing what you say you will do
- A talent for operating effectively at various levels of abstraction
- An aptness to distill complex, technical topics articulately to a non-technical audience
- Adaptability, flexibility and an ability to navigate ambiguity
Experience to drive change
- 5+ years experience designing solutions using Tableau
- 7+ years of experience in Business Intelligence and data visualization
- Tableau certification preferred (Minimum Desktop Associate level, Desktop Certified).
- Manipulation and migration of healthcare data using ETL skills is a plus (Alteryx,etc).
- Tableau server administration experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in SQL; ability to query data independent of a tool
- MS SQL Server and/or Snowflake experience preferred
- Ability to autonomously run initiatives through to fruition while ably handling the ambiguity of an evolving environment
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1. This fun, fast-paced, startup environment even comes complete with snacks.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.