Metropolis develops advanced computer vision and machine learning technology that make mobile commerce remarkable. Our platform is already deployed in hundreds of mobility facilities and industries with billions in opportunities. We’re building the digital pipes through which the future of mobile commerce will move.
Metropolis is seeking a Machine Learning Software Engineer to lead the development of applications that will bring our AI technology to reality. You will be responsible for developing a scalable backend service that is fueled by our ML models, implementing and managing data pipelines for real-time inference, and performing cross-functional coordination to bring our ML technology as a platform.
The software you build will accelerate the life cycle of our product and will create a direct business impact. If you are interested in building fault-tolerant services, eliminating toil, automation, and CI/CD in the computer vision area, then this is the ideal opportunity for you.
When you join Metropolis, you’ll join a team of world-class product leaders and engineers, building an ecosystem of technologies at the intersection of parking, mobility, and real estate. Our goal is to build an inclusive culture where everyone has a voice and the best idea wins. You will play a key role in building and maintaining this culture as our organization grows.
- Work with the Machine learning team to build and design a scalable and reliable service powered by AI.
- Collaborate with the application development team to integrate computer vision models with existing backend systems.
- Collaborate with product leads to design A/B testing experiments with ML technology and improve predictability through end-to-end solutions.
- Build and manage data pipelines for real-time inference.
- Develop CI/CD pipelines for deployment on the cloud.
- Write maintainable and clean code across our pipelines.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in backend application development with emphasis on modern software design, architecture, version control, refactoring, testing, and CI/CD.
- 2+ years of experience with large-scale datasets, data pipelines (Kafka, SQS, airflow), and databases (Postgresql, Mysql, MongoDB, Redis).
- 2+ years of experience with distributed/scalable systems infrastructure to operate algorithms as a software product.
- 1+ years of experience with python API development (FastAPI, Django, Flask).
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming, algorithms, and data structures.
- Experience with deep learning framework - TensorFlow/PyTorch/MxNet, and Triton inference server is a plus.
- Excited about writing clean code and improving architectures through refactoring.
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
At Metropolis, we don’t just accept differences—we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.