Our mission at Curai is to make high-quality healthcare accessible to all. We are fulfilling this audacious mission by building a virtual-first primary care service. Blending high-touch clinical care augmented with artificial intelligence, we are building a scalable primary care model that provides patients with quality care anytime, anywhere, from their mobile phones at a very affordable price.
Our company is remote-first and we consider candidates across the United States.
Machine Learning Research at Curai
To achieve our mission, we took a long-term view and established a strong research culture to propel innovation in telehealth primary care. A significant aspect of our culture, and arguably unique for a startup, is our commitment to open research (peer-reviewed publications). Our recent collaborators include faculty and students from Stanford, NYU, MIT, Georgia Tech, MGH, and Vanderbilt University.
Our current research focuses on medical NLP (e.g., medical dialogs, summarization) and clinical decision-making (e.g., medical diagnosis). These areas require research in fundamental problems in AI/ML, including modeling long-tail data distributions, semi-supervised/active learning strategies, low-shot learning, self-supervision, language models, and incorporating medical knowledge as priors.
We are looking for a researcher on our team. Our mission drives team members, and we play a vital role in impacting our company's technical/ML direction for hybrid ML-practitioner primary care.
Who You Are: None of these individually are hard requirements but they do describe the type of folks that we think would be most effective and happy at Curai. You…
- Are a self-starter and have a growth mindset.
- Enjoy tackling complex problems in a scientific and data-driven way.
- Are excited by the complexity of healthcare and view challenges of medical data: sparse, low volume, and long-tailed, as opportunities.
- Are collaborative and appreciate working with people with diverse expertise.
- Value breadth of knowledge as much as specialization.
- Enjoy thinking through trade-offs with mindfulness of near-term needs and Curai’s long-term strategy.
What You'll Do: A day in the life of a Machine Learning Researcher at Curai is spent doing things like:
- Advancing the field of machine learning applied to primary healthcare: Differentiating applications into our product and research leading to publications in top tier conferences.
- Enabling research to manifest in product features in collaboration with our engineering, design, and clinical innovation teams.
- Mentoring research interns and junior members of the team.
What You’ll Need: We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you. You should have:
- PhD or Masters through thesis or Masters with at least three years of experience as an applied scientist in machine learning /NLP.
- Proficiency in Python and in model development framework (e.g., PyTorch, TensorFlow).
- Ability to explain and articulate scientific ideas in written and verbal formats. Publications in top-tier conferences.
- Good organizational skills (in terms of time management, and working efficiently as part of a team).
- Industry experience with cross-functional collaboration is desirable, but not required.
- Prior research work in ML for healthcare is highly value, but not required.
Our interview process typically consists of an initial call to meet your future manager and a technical phone call with a future teammate. The next round is a series of four technical phone calls where you meet cross-functional partners and other teammates at the company. These interviews are set up in such a way to allow you to learn more about us (mission, product, company culture, and vision) and for us to know more about you (your superpowers and strengths). We tailor our interview process to your background and research interests.
What We Offer
Culture: Mission driven talent with great colleagues committed to living our values, collaborating and driving performance
Pay: Competitive compensation and stock
Wellness: Unlimited PTO, flexible working hours and remote working options
Benefits: Excellent medical, dental, vision, flex spending plans, and and paid parental leave
Financial: 401k plan with employer matching
Curai Health is a startup with a small, but world-class team from high tech companies, AI researchers, practicing physicians, to team members from non-traditional career paths and backgrounds.. We also have research partnerships with leading universities across the country and access to medical data that facilitates research in this space. We are a highly collaborative, data-driven team, focused on delivering our mission with funding from top-tier Silicon Valley investors including Morningside, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
At Curai Health, we are highly committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment. In keeping with our beliefs and values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. To promote an equitable and bias-free workplace, we set competitive compensation packages for each position and do not negotiate on our offers. We are looking for teammates that are mission-driven, embody our core values, and appreciate our transparent approach.
More Information on Curai Health
Curai Health operates in the Artificial Intelligence industry. The company is located in Palo Alto, CA. Curai Health was founded in 2017. It has 76 total employees. To see all 4 open jobs at Curai Health, click here