Machine Learning Operations Engineer at FLYR Labs (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:33 a.m. (CST) on Friday, September 16, 2022
FLYR Labs is focused on the relentless application of advanced and intuitive technologies that help transportation leaders unlock their ultimate potential.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
Flyr is a rapidly growing startup looking for an MLOps thought leader who will communicate fearlessly, advocate for change and take ownership of bringing MLOps to Flyr.
As an MLOps Engineer at Flyr, you’ll be partnering with our Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence teams to operationalize the data pipelines that are central to our product. The MLOps Engineer takes a consultative approach to understanding business requirements, identifying bottlenecks and developing (technical, architectural, procedural) solutions.
As a member of the DevOps team, the MLOps Engineer is expected to heavily interact with Engineering and Business decision makers to not only develop our existing MLOps processes, but also to continually identify new opportunities for improvement.
What will your destination look like?
- As a member of the DevOps team, the MLOps Engineer will be responsible for: On-Call Support for Infrastructure Escalations: Once per month, 12 hours x 7 days
- Tracking and implementing technical solutions during the DevOps Team’s bi-weekly Sprints and participating in Sprintly Scrum rituals
- Identifying (technical, process) bottlenecks within Data / ML / AI teams
- Partnering with internal stakeholders to develop technical solutions (infrastructure, application, process) based on team requirements and business needs
- Proposing technical solutions to engineering and business leadershipParticipating in and providing expert opinions during Architecture Review Boards
- Optimizing general CI / CD pipelines for developers
- Staying up to date with developments in MLOps, looking for new opportunities to improve our processes and technologies
What can you bring on this trip?
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in DevOps Engineering or similar roles, with a focus on Machine Learning, Data Science or Artificial Intelligence
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly acquire new skills and develop working solutions
- Past experience collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive technical projects to completion
- Exhibit well spoken and written communication, demonstrate ownership mentality, engage in developer enablement and peer leadership
- A wide technical background, with a heavy emphasis on Cloud Infrastructure
- Prior experience with Argo Workflows or Kubeflow Pipelines
- Prior experience with GCP, Terraform, CircleCI, Spinnaker, GitHub Enterprise
- Prior experience with Agile Software Development and Scrum methodologies
- Prior experience operating in a geographically distributed development environment
- Equity in Series C startup with high growth potential
- Comprehensive healthcare plans (Choice of PPO & HMO available)
- Generous PTO policy and flexible working arrangements
- 401K with company match
- Free breakfast/Lunch (in office)
- Uber Eats - $20/week
- 100% paid Parental Leave for 12 weeks
- $300 home office set-up stipend (one time)
Our Commitment to Equality
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.
Read Full Job Description