Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. We empower people around the globe to reach services they love and need simply, speedily and safely – whether they’re renting a car or opening a bank account or completing a high-value transaction where identity is key. We built a full-service suite of AI-powered identity verification solutions with fairness and inclusiveness at their core, and were awarded ‘Outstanding Leader in Accessibility’ and ‘Best Innovation in Algorithmic Bias Mitigation’ awards at CogX.
Onfido is an established pre-IPO technology company with a prominent position in the global marketplace that has been repeatedly recognized for excellence in performance and innovation. In 2021 we were awarded ‘Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Hot Company’ by CyberDefense Global Infosec Awards, ‘Fraud Prevention Innovation of the Year’ at the CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards, and named to the CB Insights Fintech 250 for the fourth year running. We've received over $200 million in funding from investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, and Salesforce to achieve our vision. We partner with thousands of businesses to help millions access services every week – from billion dollar institutions to hypergrowth unicorns. We support identities from 195 countries, and 2,500+ document types. Our recent growth is fuelled by continued increasing demand in the United States – where we’ve grown in year-over-year sales by 264% – as more enterprise organisations accelerate their digital transformation plans with Onfido.
Our goal is to work together to promote and celebrate an inclusive and diverse community. Collectively, all Onfidoers are committed to creating an environment where everyone can be themselves, and where differences are celebrated. We encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to come together to solve some of the world's most interesting problems.
Onfido’s goal is to work together to promote and celebrate an inclusive and diverse community. Collectively, all Onfidoer’s are committed to creating an environment where everyone can be themselves and where differences are celebrated. We encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to come together and where neuro diversity is understood.
As Onfido tackles the problem of bringing identities online, this means taking on the challenges of bringing both Biometrics and ID Documents into the virtual world. The work you could come help us solve will involve:
- Develop state-of-the-art machine learning-backed services for automated biometric verification, document classification and extraction, as well as fraud analysis;
- Build automated pipelines capable of minimising the time and effort of bringing support to new models and capabilities;
- Iterate over research projects to optimise them and deploy them to production;
- Continuously improve monitoring and tracing to provide a highly available service for our customers.
We deeply value trust and ownership. Our engineers, product managers and designers work together closely to solve a challenging problem - identity in an online world - and build products that are polished and impactful.
What you will do:
- Work in a cross-functional team to design, build, test and ship fraud-catching products
- Work closely with researchers to take research developed ML models to production
- Design and implement efficient pre-processing steps around digital images or video files
- Extend existing ML pipeline to fit an increasing array of use cases
- Provide technical guidance, support and advice to other engineers at Onfido
Who you are:
We encourage people from all backgrounds, cultures and skill levels to apply. It is okay to not meet all requirements listed as we are looking for individuals who are passionate, eager to learn.
- Good knowledge and experience with Python
- Familiarity with scientific libraries and frameworks such as Pillow, PyAV, Numpy, Tensorflow, Keras, Scikit Learn, OpenCV
- Experienced in developing, deploying and operating ML models in production
- Capable with testing frameworks, such as PyTest
- Experience with dependency management tools like Pip, Conda, Pipenv, Poetry
- You're enthusiastic and technically curious about ML technologies
- Keen to take ownership for delivering complex projects, from design to deployment to operation
- Upholding and promotion of good practices in code design, quality and security
- Passion for optimisation of highly parallel and CPU bound distributed workloads
Nice to have:
- Experience with C/C++ or Rust
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with various different image and video file formats
- Understanding of Computer Vision and more traditional AI techniques (like evolutionary algorithms).
Where you will be:
At Onfido, we have a distributed workforce. For this role, you can work in any EU country where we have a legal entity.
We have a hybrid model, and you can choose to work fully-remote, or come to our offices! We let all of our employees choose what’s best for them.
Where you will be:
At Onfido, we have a distributed workforce.
For this role, you can work in any EU country where we have a legal entity (France, Germany, Netherlands and Portugal). We have a hybrid model, and you can choose to work fully remote, or come to our offices! We let all of our employees choose what’s best for them.
Onfidoer’s share a set of core values and want to hear from you if you believe in:
> Succeeding together; you work collaboratively and put the team first
> Taking pride; you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes
> Creating customer buzz; you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus
> Learning things & sharing them; you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others
> Finding a better way; you’re adept at finding solutions, experimentation and innovating to make things better
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options in Onfido, through our equity schemes. Share options have a one year cliff and vest over a four year period
- 25 days annual leave plus a day off for your Birthday.
- Two paid volunteering days per year.*
- Life Assurance (3x Annual Base Salary)*
- Generous paid parental leave.
- Free mental health coaching provided online.
- Life enrichment allowance of up €95 to per month for services including gym, yoga, fitness classes, massages, childcare and therapy.
- Dedicated learning opportunities, a team training budget for training and conferences
- Our open and transparent culture is reflected in our “Better Together” motto and we bring this to life by meeting once a week for our global weekly roundup (OnFriday); holding quarterly team socials; and other company-wide social events.
- Expense up to €600 to purchase workstation setup equipment
*after 3 months
Check out Life at Onfido via our LinkedIn Careers Page!
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We're always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
More Information on OnFido
OnFido operates in the Artificial Intelligence industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA and New York, NY. OnFido was founded in 2012. It has 503 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Mental Health Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Flexible Work Schedule, Remote Work Program, Family Medical Leave and Paid Holidays. To see all 63 open jobs at OnFido, click here.
Read Full Job Description