Machine Learning Engineer - Data Science at STR
About the Team
STR’s Analytics division researches and develops advanced analytics and machine learning-based solutions to solve challenging problems related to national security. Our projects span multiple different data modalities and incorporate advanced algorithms, deep learning, and statistical techniques to uncover patterns in social media, structured and unstructured text, time series, geospatial, and imagery data. The tools and technologies we develop have real world impact and are used by analysts to extract and enrich intelligence information around the globe.
As a Machine Learning Engineer – Data Science, you will develop, implement, and evaluate statistical machine learning algorithms to uncover hidden information and patterns from a diverse collection of massive datasets. You will apply state of the art and novel techniques such as supervised and unsupervised learning, machine learning, and deep learning to problems such as classification, anomaly detection, and forecasting. You will develop cutting edge systems and work collaboratively with our software engineers to design and deploy models into production. You will interact with customers to understand requirements and apply iterative feedback to development. This position is based in office and applicants should expect to primarily work onsite.
In response to Executive Order 14042 and accompanying Task Force Guidance, all STR employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021, unless a medical or religious accommodation is formally approved by STR.
Who You Are
- Experience with multiple regression and classification techniques such as Support Vector Machines, Random Forests, Naïve Bayes Classifiers, and Deep Neural Networks
- Experience in data grooming and handling large, messy or incomplete datasets
- Experience with particle swarm optimization, behavioral modeling techniques, Data assignment, and multi-hypothesis tracking
- Degree in some examples include a scientific field such as Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Data Science, or Physics
- Understanding of and experience with statistical and machine learning techniques
- Proficiency with a one or more programming language such as Python, MATLAB, Java, or C++
- Previous experience (internships and academic work included) working with complex datasets and building statistical, machine learning, or deep learning models
- Motivated collaborator who’s comfortable communicating to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Currently holds a top secret security clearance or better
- MS or PhD in a scientific field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or Physics
- Track record of developing, implementing, and evaluating statistical algorithms against real datasets
- Specialized expertise in a data-rich field such as time-series analysis, graph analytics, geospatial analysis, image processing, or Bayesian programming
- Experience with one or more deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch or Tensorflow
- Experience working with large datasets and familiarity with big data infrastructure, such as AWS, Hadoop, Spark, Dask, or MapReduce
- Active TS or TS/SCI security clearance
Systems & Technology Research (STR) is a rapidly growing technology company with locations north of Boston, MA, Arlington, VA and near Dayton, OH. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security, trying to understand how to protect our society: from stopping malicious botnet attacks, to understanding cyber vulnerabilities, providing next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare to developing artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, but you go home at night knowing that you pushed the forefront of technology and made the world a little safer. We recognize that the world is changing, that it is becoming more connected than ever before, making things change faster than before, and reshaping society in the process. We all want to understand this changing world and leave it better for our work.
We're not just any company. Our people, culture, and attitude along with their unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives put us on a trajectory to change the world. We can't do it alone, though - we need fellow trailblazers. If you are one, join our team and help to keep our society safe!
STR is an equal opportunity employer. We are fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at [email protected] and provide your name, phone number and email address.
Pursuant to applicable federal law and regulations, positions at STR require employees to obtain national security clearances and satisfy the requirements for compliance with export control and other applicable laws