Whip Media is looking for a Looker/SQL Developer to join our team! This role will be responsible for building our CVM Insights application. CVM Insights is an analytics and data visualization platform that delivers research and reporting experience to users in the media industry. The application is driven by our proprietary TV Time-media tracking data and provides data visualizations, explorations, and custom reporting to users across large media & entertainment companies. While we would love to see you in the New York or LA office, this role has the option of being remote too!
You will focus on creating and updating SQL and LookML-based views of the data in our data warehouse, which are exposed to end-users of the CVM Insights application. Additional tasks include reviewing PRs from teammates, writing documentation, and reviewing future product requests.
What Will You Do?
- Create and update SQL and LookML-based dashboards and PDTs
- Work with product management to review and provide feedback on product requirements
- Write and update technical documentation
- Review pull requests from teammates
- Work with QA to understand and fix bugs
What Do You Need?
- 3+ years experience SQL development, with a focus on large amounts of data
- Experience working with data warehouses and star-schema concepts
- Experience working with at least one BI tool, ideally Looker
- An understanding of standard ETL/ELT processes
- The ability to investigate issues independently
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization
- Strong writing & communication skills
- A desire to work with a team and adhere to good software development practices
- An understanding of business analytics and statistical data modeling is a plus
- Experience working with Snowflake is preferred
Whip Media prioritizes the health and well-being of employees and vaccines are the best tool currently available to help control this global pandemic and protect our employees. Therefore, for everyone's safety, as a condition of employment: all employees will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the commencement of their employment (subject to the availability of reasonable accommodation when required by law). Some roles may be 100% remote, and could be exempt from the vaccine mandate.
Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape.