Lead Data Analyst, Ecosystem at Loom (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:41 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, April 20, 2022
Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 14M users across 200k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including Netflix, HubSpot, Atlassian, Juniper Networks, and Twitter.
Founded in 2015, Loom has raised over $200 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, and Andreessen Horowitz.
We’re looking to add a Lead Analyst to our growing Data team to help us measure the impact of our Ecosystem initiatives and identify opportunities to expand the network of people who use async video at work. In this role you will help the Ecosystem team launch strategic initiatives with top productivity platforms like Atlassian, Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Google. You will also help understand impact and opportunity of a scalable self-serve loomSDK business targeting the developer community.
We have rich, complex datasets and our team performs a wide variety of analytical tasks, ranging from conducting ad-hoc research, creating dashboards, building funnels, designing and evaluating tests, crafting complex database queries and ETL pipelines, and developing sophisticated predictive models. The ideal candidate will be data-driven, intellectually curious, and a clear communicator.
*We are currently hiring remotely in the United States and Canada
- Be the primary partner for the Ecosystem (Integrations and Platform) team and collaborate with Product, Engineering and Design to understand opportunities and measure impact of initiatives
- Partner with the Ecosystem team and help build a culture driven by data informed decisions
- Leverage data to help the team drive the overall Ecosystem roadmap and strategy
- Lead the analytics team for Ecosystem and manage a small team of product analysts
- Lead and mentor team members with processes and analytical and technical expertise for executing experiments, building pipelines and answering open ended business questions
- Inform future experimentation design and roadmaps by performing exploratory analysis to understand user acquisition and activation behavior
- Proactively derive data insights and turn them into growth recommendations, communicate results and learnings to the rest of the team
- Lead A/B experiments from the Data side by supporting experiment design, tracking, implementation and owning the final analysis and readout
- Design and develop core business metrics, creating insightful automated dashboards (and the necessary data pipelines) and data visualization to track progress
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to build analytics plans for new products and features, helping the Ecosystem team understand which metrics need to be measured and which events need to be tracked
- Provide data insights through A/B testing, dashboards, user behavior analyses and ad-hoc requests
- QA new event tracking to ensure accuracy of our data
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years of experience in an analytics role turning data into insights and recommendations
- Strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to synthesize insights into compelling stories
- Experience working with SaaS products and associated data
- Experience with designing and analyzing experiments
- Superior SQL (Snowflake, Postgres) skills - able to write structured and efficient queries on large data sets
- Experience with a Business Intelligence tool (e.g. Tableau or Mode)
- Experience with a statistical scripting language (e.g. R or Python) is a plus
- Experience with ETL tools such as Airflow or DBT is a plus
- Experience in data modeling and ETL development is a plus
- Experience collaborating with multiple business functions and stakeholders to develop metrics and key insights
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field or higher
How We Work
Freedom and Flexibility: At Loom, we believe work is an act, not a place. When we disengage work from a location, we can accommodate a broad range of life choices. You can choose to work from home or while you travel. If you are in the Bay Area, you can drop by our San Francisco office on 2nd and Market St. We are able to hire across the United States and Canada and are continuing to expand our international presence. And you are free to move within a country without any adjustment to compensation.
Engaging Workday: The key to an engaging workday is finding the right balance between different ways to work sync, async, text and video. Loom makes it easier for us to say what we mean without having to schedule a zoom meeting or struggle to find the right words. And using async communication allows us to free up time for deep work every day. We believe there's a place for sync time - often a conversation on Zoom is exactly what is needed. For team meetings, this ‘sync time’ is typically between 9AM-Noon PT given where the overlap of timezones where Loommates are located.
Work-Rest Balance: The way we balance the fast-paced demands of a high-growth startup and sustainability is making rest a priority. We offer a flexible PTO policy so you're able to take time off when you need it. We also go fully offline once a year between Christmas and New Year (and twice during the Pandemic). Rest is also part of the workday, not just during PTO. Taking a break for personal commitments, whether it's watching the kids or getting some exercise is a natural part of the workday.
Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter. We are intentional about building trust and relationships through unique, shared experiences. Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it's through Looms celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. Loommates are able to meet in person with their teams at least twice a year purely for fun. We have also built local offices for those who want to work or meet in person, starting with San Francisco and New York City.
Perks at Loom
Competitive compensation and equity package
99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) with 4% company matching
Professional development reimbursement
Mental health and wellness reimbursement
Paid parental leave
Remote work opportunities
Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.
More Information on Loom
Loom operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Loom was founded in 2016. It has 212 total employees. To see all jobs at Loom, click here.
Read Full Job Description