Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling’s applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanity’s most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world’s most renowned research institutes.
Benchling is building a world-class Professional Services team to drive implementations for our rapidly expanding customer base. Implementation Managers work with our customers, from small Biotech startups to the largest BioPharmas in the world to develop a deep understanding of their R&D Processes, and roll out solutions that transform how their research teams work together.
To be successful in this role, you will leverage your scientific background, project management skills, and product expertise to drive successful implementations of the Benchling platform. You will work hand in hand with the research scientists at our customers, and teams throughout Benchling to implement our solutions, and ensure our customers are successful. Implementation Managers lead all aspects of customer rollouts from requirements analysis and solution design, to configurations, testing, training, and onboarding users onto the system.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Manage initial rollouts for new Benchling customers as well as expansion projects with new teams or for new processes at existing customers.
- Own implementation success from project kickoff to go-live, leveraging strong project management skills, scientific expertise, and deep product knowledge.
- Build and execute detailed project plans, own project activities, work with other team members to execute on project deliverables to ensure on time, on budget, high quality deployments.
- Understand customers' scientific workflows and determine how Benchling can best be leveraged to meet their key business needs.
- Lead requirements and design workshops, perform data modeling & application configuration, develop test plans and guide UAT execution, train and onboard users.
- Act as a trusted advisor for customers, guiding them through the implementation ensuring they leverage and apply Benchling Best Practices.
- Understand and document customer pain points, advocate for them internally to influence product changes.
- Develop and optimize enterprise training programs including written and video collateral.
- Identify and work with sales on opportunities for account expansion post go-live.
- MS or Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or similar Life Sciences field.
- At least 2 years of experience in a lab or research setting. You must be able to empathize with scientists and quickly understand complicated scientific concepts.
- At least 3 years of Software Implementation experience, preferably with a SaaS software company.
- Strong communication skills. You must be able to quickly and effectively connect with a range of stakeholders, including scientists, IT project leads, and executives.
- Self-starter with the ability to be successful in a startup environment.
- Curious, creative, and tenacious. You should be excited to collaborate with customers and other Benchling teammates as a thought partner.
- Ability to travel up to 25% based on customer and project needs.
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Yearly educational stipend
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.