Healthcare Data Specialist at Abacus Insights
Abacus Insights is a mission-driven healthcare technology company that is focused on transforming the healthcare payer industry by changing the way payors derive value from the disparate data sets across their ecosystems. Ultimately leading towards a more personalized patient experience, improved health outcomes, and lowering the overall cost of healthcare. With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data management platform that allows our clients (healthcare payors) to access data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible as well as enable them to seamlessly partner with other third-party vendors they are leveraging.
Since our founding in 2017, Abacus Insights has built a highly successful SaaS business, raising more than $53 Million by leading VC firms who have deep expertise in the healthcare and technologies industries. We are solving critical and high value problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is not only ready for disruption but requires innovation. We have large demand behind us, are growing quickly, and would love for you to be a part of it!
Abacus Insights provides a flexible, efficient, and secure platform that organizes and exchanges data from various sources and formats, allowing healthcare companies to uncover differentiated insights that address their customers' needs. Our employees know that they play an active role in keeping our customers' data safe and are responsible for ensuring that our comprehensive policies and practices are met.
About the role:
Our Client Delivery team is looking for a Healthcare Data Specialist to help drive our ongoing success. In this role, you will leverage your strong background in healthcare data and significant platform expertise to guide product direction and translate client requests into tangible functionality. This exciting position will help to ensure we continue to deliver world class platforms.
You Should Expect to (Responsibilities):
- Participate in on-site planning and requirements gathering and clarification sessions with customers
- Make data recommendations both internally and externally
- Collaborate with internal and client’s stakeholders to drive product direction
- Trains end-users on developed database applications and software
- Translates industry needs into viable feature requests for clients
- >25% travel
What you bring to the Abacus Team:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in healthcare data (claims, membership, provider, contract, pharmacy, etc.)
- Must have strong background in data operations
- Experience working directly with payers for a minimum of 3-5 years
- Proficient in data aggregation and data quality
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience working with large global professional services firm focused on product and services delivery to health plans.
- Comprehension of data science or data analytics topics
- Strong technical and quantitative skills
- Data quality expertise strongly preferred
- Capability to function in a fast-paced environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
As a mission-led technology company that is helping to drive better healthcare outcomes, Abacus Insights believes that the best innovation and value we can bring to our customers comes from diverse ideas, thoughts, experiences, and perspectives. We are dedicated to building diverse teams and providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants. Abacus prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type in regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.