Head of Data Science at Public.com
Public.com is an investing app that makes the stock market social. By building a transparent community of investors and offering fractional shares of thousands of publicly-traded companies, we’re making the public markets work for all people.
With interest in the stock market surging among a new generation of investors, our community is growing rapidly, and we recently reached our 1MM member milestone just 18 months after launching. To support our ambitious goals, our team is growing and we’re looking for sharp, enthusiastic people who believe in our mission to fundamentally change the way people invest.
We announced our Series D funding round of $220 million in Feb. 2021, just two months after our Series C round. Our investors include Accel, Greycroft (the original investors in Venmo) and Lakestar as well as Will Smith (Dreamers VC), Tony Hawk, The Chainsmokers’ Mantis VC; NFL star J.J. Watt, NYU Stern professor and entrepreneur Scott Galloway, business executive Dick Parsons, Business Class founder Sophia Amoruso, and Shari Redstone’s Advancit Capital.What you’ll do:
You’ll lead our Data team working cross-functionally with leaders from all parts of the organization to collect, manage and analyze data to help provide business insights for Public.com. Reporting to the CFO, you will help grow our talented data team, while providing information that will drive important business decisions. You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders and have a direct impact on Public’s mission.
- Manage a high performance, responsive team that is able to gather and synthesize data quickly and accurately
- Partner with our executive team, product, engineering and operations to help set business strategy and support data-informed decision-making
- Use data to understand user needs and pain points, and propose roles that data science can play to further this goal
- Be a thought leader and evangelist to drive adoption and knowledge at all levels of the organization
- Determine how to leverage data science, machine learning, and other analytical techniques to offer actionable insights both internally & externally
- Strong technical domain know-how to coach and grow the team
- Experience with modern data stacks (Fivetran, Snowflake, DBT, Looker)
- Experience with social networks or large-scale consumer products
- Strong strategic business acumen, change management, and continuous improvement champion
- Mentor and coach team on career paths
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 15+ years’ experience in algorithmic engineering, data science, or machine learning
- 7+ years of experience in managing, and mentoring data science, data engineering, and analytics teams in a high scale technology company
- Deep technical background with a MS or PhD in mathematics, statistics, computer science or a related field
Public is an equal employment opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We celebrate people of all race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.