Director, Market Intelligence - Carolinas at Spectrum (Charlotte, NC)
The Director Market Intelligence is the Leader responsible for motivating and directing the regional Market Intelligence team in the Carolinas.
This team is tasked with maximizing the company's competitive performance and market share for both the residential business and the small-to-medium sized business (SMB) segments, focusing on all competitors including wireline and wireless/fixed wireless providers and mobile operators.
With a rigorous discipline around market-level investigation and intelligence gathering, verification of externally sourced data, and analysis and reporting, members of the Market Intelligence team are the company's subject matter experts on local market dynamics and the competitive landscape in each of the communities we serve. This position reports to the Division Vice President of Market Intelligence.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
Lead the regional Market Intelligence team and the process by which competitive intelligence and insights are routinely managed, developed, documented and reported
Through cross-functional partnership, collaborates closely at the regional and management area levels with Construction, Technical Operations, Field Project Management and RDOF teams, Residential and SMB Direct Sales, Community Solutions, Spectrum Stores, Government Affairs, and others in order to gather and document insights relative to competitive presence and expansion
Prepare regular competitive reporting and analysis, escalating urgent developments as appropriate, and monitoring Charter trended growth performance in areas of competitive overlap and watch areas
Assess and validate reporting on competitive overlap and/or presence at the local level
Identify and curate insights on residential and SMB competitors' current offer strategies, product set and capabilities, offers and pricing, competitive positioning, construction/expansion activity, and other changes affecting market dynamics, performance and share. Actively supports the region's Proactive Commercial Build process, including management of the opportunity funnel, prioritization of opportunities, and the development of clusters of new Charter business passings to be built.
Maintain and regularly update current, detailed reference materials for all competitors to inform and support Charter marketing, sales, offer and product strategy
Distill competitive insights and implications into clear and concise summaries which are presented to and discussed with Marketing leadership, Regional Operational leadership and Senior Executive leadership
Plan and closely coordinate with leadership of Residential and SMB Direct Sales, Community Solutions and Spectrum Stores on targeted initiatives such as Back to School, competitive expansions, new offer deployments and sales sweeps
Play a supporting role in the development of targeted competitive campaigns (or other localized efforts, e.g. multicultural) by providing basis for speed, pricing, production comparison claims
As assigned, develop market assessments and competitive insights outside the Charter footprint in support of various strategic initiatives
As appropriate, ensure the local operation and the front line is informed and aware of the company's marketing, product and growth initiatives and priorities
Develop and manage the regional Market Intelligence budget and quarterly and monthly forecasts
Perform other duties as requested
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and effectively, including verbally, in writing and in deck/presentation format (e.g. PowerPoint)
- Ability to present effectively in front of a group
- Ability to think critically and strategically
- Proven success overseeing integrated marketing and sales campaigns, preferably including direct mail, broadcast media, digital, print and out-of-home, direct sales and outbound telemarketing
- Solid business aptitude and an ability to assess competitive strategy
- Analytical skills, including the ability to develop spreadsheets, strong working knowledge of business statistics, ability to read financial statements and legal documents
- Ability to effectively work independently without direct supervision - to remain motivated, and to motivate others
- Must be able to provide direction in times of ambiguity
- Highly organized and disciplined
- Detail-oriented and results-focused
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks, including urgent assignments
- Ability to manage confidential information
- Proficiency on PC and relevant software applications (Wore, Excel, PowerPoint, MicroStrategy/ Tableau)
- Strong business planning and forecasting skills
- Ability to focus on overall strategy of the region
- Strong team and relationship building skills
- Proven leadership and mentoring skills
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field, or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience
Consumer marketing/sales experience;
Certifications and/or Licenses
Valid driver's license, satisfactory driving record within Company required standards and auto insurance
Related Work Experience
Experience in cable television / telecommunications or a related field with a recurring revenue stream.
On-site office environment
Travel as required
#LI-MA MGN709 337914 337914BR