Director, Decision Science Products at The Walt Disney Company (New York City, NY)
The Decision Science Products consulting team leverages technology, decision science, data analytics, optimization, statistical and econometric modeling to explore opportunities, shape business decisions and drive business value. Candidates should have a natural curiosity to understand the "why" behind business performance, take a proactive role in problem-solving, be results oriented, be able to prioritize and be a team player in a collaborative environment.
- Leverage your exceptional technical skills to develop scalable analytic solutions to help Disney effectively inform its product, content and intellectual properties portfolio. Develop solutions and recommendations that effectively and efficiently address the most impactful opportunities and challenges.
- Drive innovative solutions and automated dataflow and processes that deliver efficiencies across the enterprise.
- Identify areas of opportunity and lead team focused on new technologies such as process automation, complex predictive modeling, artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to improve how we do business.
- Collaborate across business functions and manage changing priorities across numerous key internal clients. Develop productive relationships with high-level executives (e.g., division CFOs, SVPs, EVPs) and key business stakeholders to define business problems and develop integrated data and analytics strategies to address the needs of quickly changing industries.
- Develop strategies for measuring effectiveness of tools and be an advocate for socializing key data initiatives.
- Work with team to define requirements across product, data, and engineering to craft a suite of data tools and projects—including tracking specs, data processing engines, experimentation framework and platforms, machine learning platforms, predictive modeling and data visualization and dashboard tools
- Produce insights and analyses to improve client performance, drive understanding of client issues and provide strategic guidance for client priorities.
- Maintain expertise in current and emerging methodologies in the field of decision science and data analytics, including best practices in analytics and changes in the landscape and proactively assessing next steps and new opportunities.
- Lead client interactions; identify and drive client opportunities with a focus on sustainable ongoing partnership.
- Establish him/her/themselves as a strategic thought partner to help clients develop growth initiatives and achieve revenue/OI maximization goals and to lead application of decision science and analytics to solve business challenges.
- Lead and develop a high-performance, diverse and inclusive team of technical professionals who are responsible for problem identification, requirements gathering, decision science and data analysis, modeling, solution development, sustainment, and broad product/client management.
- Exhibit critical strategic thinking, consulting skills, knowledge of advanced decision science, and creative problem solving. Demonstrate wide-ranging intellectual curiosity coupled with a relentlessly practical focus on resolving complex issues in straightforward, accessible ways.
- Define scope, shape deliverables, set project priorities, meet deadlines, with the ultimate objective of translating complex decision science into tools that are enthusiastically adopted by end-users to generate value.
- 10+ years progressive leadership experience in consulting, product management or the application of advanced decision science and analytics.
- 5+ years managing high performing analytics teams
- 5+ years finance, accounting or management consulting
- Proven track record of leading, managing and coaching diverse, high-ability, high-performing teams.
- Exceptional understanding of entertainment content, technologies and consumer behavior.
- Exceptional understanding of cutting edge analytics approaches in machine learning, artificial intelligence, operations research and statistics.
- Intellectually curious and passionate about learning new skills, businesses and concepts.
- Strong influencing and change management skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with ability to influence a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Evident project management skills—able to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and data sources. Ability to work under tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Capable of examining issues from a broad perspective, considering impact beyond immediate scope. Proven ability to translate high-level vision/scope descriptions into actionable plans.
- Demonstrated passion and results-oriented commitment to diversity and inclusion including inviting diverse perspectives, fostering an inclusive work environment and supporting workforce diversity.
- 5+ years working in highly matrixed, complex organizations
- 5+ years in consumer products, content development and production, television or film
Required EducationMS or MBA in Business Analytics, Applied Statistics, or other analytics or technology field
Preferred EducationPhD in an analytics or technology field