Director, Corporate Development at Talend
| Boston, MA
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:28 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, August 12, 2021
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, is changing the way the world makes decisions.
Talend Data Fabric is the only platform that seamlessly combines an extensive range of data integration and governance capabilities to actively manage the health of corporate information. This unified approach is unique and essential to delivering complete, clean, and uncompromised data in real-time to all.
Over 6,500 customers have chosen Talend to run their businesses on healthy data. Talend is consistently recognized as a leader in its field by Forrester and Gartner.
We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Every one of our 1,400 employees brings a certain je ne sais quoi that makes Talend special.
Roles & responsibilities:
· Reporting to the VP/Corporate Development, this individual contributor role will be in on the ground floor of our newly created Corporate Development function. You will partner with senior business leaders on strategy development, including identifying product/opportunity gaps, evaluating build/buy/partner options, and collaborating on target selection criteria.
· Drive the overall corporate development pipeline, including sourcing new opportunities, and building relationships with the venture capital, private equity and investment banking communities.
· Work with senior business leaders to evaluate inbound investment/M&A opportunities.
· Ability to drive cross-dept. collaboration and coordination of diligence and business case development.
· Develop and publish insightful company and industry analysis; conduct extensive proprietary surveys; synthesize and interpret results.
Create detailed, sophisticated financial models and valuation analyses.
Identify significant trends in today’s modern data stack; anticipate, analyze, and communicate industry developments.
· Manage investment/M&A opportunities through execution, negotiation, and due diligence, including financial modeling and valuation.
· Monitor post-acquisition integration planning/execution. Develop network of industry contacts, venture capital firms and investment banking/advisory executives to increase Talend’s ability to identify and source opportunities.
· Routinely make strategic recommendations and contribute to the team’s thought leadership on inorganic growth.
- Highest integrity and work ethic.
- Top tier undergraduate degree in a quantitative field, MBA strongly preferred.
- Good understanding of the software landscape and software business models
- Minimum 7-10+ years in corporate development, venture capital, private equity or investment banking with a technology focus (preferably at growing SaaS companies)
- Demonstrated track record of leading M&A and investments at a technology company
- Strong skills in strategic and quantitative analysis, project management, coupled with strong communication and presentation skills
- Driven self-starter with ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Ability to deliver accurate work product on time
- Experience working in a dynamic, high-growth company where adaptability is imperative
- Comfortable and thrives working in an a fluid environment and can adapt to evolving priorities
- Enterprise IT background is a strong plus
- Multi-lingual is not necessary but a strong plus
Although the location says Boston, we are open to candidates anywhere in the US.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Read Full Job Description