Pluralsight is hiring a Database Engineer who will join our dedicated team to maintain, upgrade and manage our Postgres databases.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
Who you're committed to being:
- A Maker who cares
- Dedicated to making the system function as smoothly as possible at scale
- Develop and implement corrective measures for database issues/problems found during monitoring.
What you'll own:
You and the database engineering team are responsible for our production system and certain key "on-prem" customers. This includes:
- Managing our AWS infrastructure
- Solve issues and outages
- Orchestrate efforts in database performance tuning and optimizations
- Periodic upgrades of database system, schema, perform testing and verification of released database schema upgrades.
- Advise on changes needed to improve performance including index creation, query optimizations, schema changes, database configuration settings and storage.
- Proactive monitoring of all databases to predict and diagnose the majority of problems before they impact application performance.
Experience You'll Need:
- BS in Computer Sciences, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience building and/or running highly-scalable Postgres database systems
- 2+years of commercial experience with AWS addressing urgent and time-sensitive problems daily
- 2+years of experience with Postgres DBA/Production service administration managing real instances
- 2+ years of experience with Linux preferable including Debian (v 9) and Ubuntu (v 16 LTS)
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Service automation including shell scripting, CI/CD tools, JVM scripting