We are Mythical Games. A venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are looking for a highly-skilled data scientist to dive into diverse data and derive insights using appropriate tooling for the job. In this role, you will work with multiple parts of the business to identify improvements and influence our product direction. Actionable insights will need to be presented in a clear and supported way.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and are continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Influence Mythical’s game and NFT marketplace products through data-centric reports and presentations to appropriate stakeholders
- Build predictive machine learning models to anticipate a customer’s future behaviors based on existing events
- Create additional data models on top of our existing BigQuery data warehouse as needed
- Gather requirements from internal/external customers to clear frame data analysis projects and their estimated impact
- Build and improve data tooling in partnership with internal data teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field
- 3+ years in a quantitative analytical role in technology or consulting companies
- 3+ years of experience with SQL and a programming language for data analysis (e.g., Python, R)
- 2+ years of experience building machine learning models for predictive use cases (e.g., Tensorflow, Scikit-learn, Kubeflow),
- Excellent communication skills and a drive for continuous learning
- Industry experience with video games, marketplaces, or digital marketing
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to acce[email protected] We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.