Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what's next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture - leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Our Data Science team is looking for a passionate data scientist to join the optimization team to enhance our analytical pipeline by working on various optimization problems in production, supply chain, crop protection and breeding. You will have the chance to leverage advanced optimization and machine learning methods to tackle a wide range of real-world problems, such as sourcing, planning, order fulfillment, vehicle routing, job scheduling, prediction and forecasting, driver workload matching, black box optimization problems and more.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Build production-level models on large-scale datasets to help Corteva maximizes its complex systems' global performance.
- The optimization opportunities are vast and diverse from supply chain problems such as vehicle routing, sourcing, and production planning to warehouse and manufacturing optimal planning to optimization for breeding by utilizing statistical modeling, machine learning and other techniques
- Build data pipeline from multiple sources and extract data insight with data exploration and visualization techniques
- Design, implement, productionize, and deploy data science products with consideration of optimality and computation complexity
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including product, engineering, and operations team to ensure that our data science product supports Corteva's business objectives
- Explore the latest trends of machine learning and optimization techniques to come up with solutions for complex data challenges
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Solid knowledge in advanced optimization algorithms including stochastic optimization, mixed integer programming models, network flows models, heuristics, meta-heuristics etc.
- Knowledge in developing flexible models based on Vehicle Routing, Scheduling and Graph Theory to solve for challenging combinatorial optimization problems.
- Passionate about building scalable, reliable data driven products
- Ability to write production grade code in programming languages, such as Python, R and C++, with understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Experience with SQL
- Ability to translate business needs into analytical frameworks
- Familiarity of common deep learning models
- Familiarity of model assessment and validation process; apply the best practice techniques for model testing and parameter tuning
- Master or PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering and Mathematics or other quantitative fields with 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong knowledge of machine learning, mathematical programming modeling and optimization.
- Expertise in one or more areas among: Machine Learning - Classical methods/ Deep Learning/ Reinforcement Learning, Causal Inference, Statistics.
- Demonstrated production-level coding and programming abilities
- Experience of building large-scale Machine learning driven or optimization products
- Good communication skills
- Experience with SQL and databases
- Capability of conducting independent research to keep track of latest development and trend in the industry and academia
- Experience with distributed systems and tools such as Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Published work in top tier journals and conferences (KDD, INFORMS, Neurips, GECCO, NIPS, ICML, WWW).
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let's peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!• Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave• Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more• Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment• And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated. If you require a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
- Accessibility Page for Contact Information
- For US Applicants: See the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.