Data Science Analyst (m/f/d) (Remote) at Yelp
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:44 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, March 31, 2022
At Yelp, it’s our mission to connect people with great local businesses. From a coffee connoisseur’s review of a neighborhood cafe, to a homeowner’s request for a quote to remodel their kitchen, Yelp’s data captures millions of user-business interactions every day.
The Data Science & Analytics team prides itself on harnessing the power of this data. We test and learn, build tools and lead meaningful analyses to extract insights that influence Yelp’s product and business strategy.
We’re looking for a self-motivated critical thinker whose intellectual curiosity is met with a healthy dose of skepticism. You value the integrity of your work, sanity check analyses before drawing conclusions, and take pride in telling stories with data. You are a team player who is an excellent communicator, quick learner, and as excited about Yelp as we are.
This opportunity has the option to be fully remote throughout Germany.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Where You Come In
- Lead broad analytics projects core to Yelp’s business, communicate key insights to decision makers, and help product leaders uncover new opportunities.
- Manage tight deadlines and quickly iterate analyses to answer unstructured business questions, deliver actionable learnings, and make strategic recommendations.
- Work cross-functionally with product and engineering to define, log, and track Yelp’s key product metrics and opportunity size new initiatives.
- Generate dashboards and automate reports that empower teams across the organization to make data-driven decisions.
- Grow and maintain impactful relationships with stakeholders of both technical and non technical backgrounds with clear and frequent communication.
- Think critically about experimental design and advocate for thoughtful experimentation.
What It Takes to Succeed
- BA/BS or graduate degree in a quantitative field (mathematics, statistics, economics etc.)
- Several years of quantitative industry experience, ideally within the consumer product space
- Excellent SQL skills, fluency in Python, and experience with at least one statistical package (R, Pandas/NumPy/SciPy/matplotlib, Stata, Matlab).
- An eye for compelling data visualization and extensive experience with related tools (Tableau, Mode, Looker).
- Solid understanding of statistical inference, experimental design and analytic bias. Familiarity with financial modeling and advanced statistics (regression, non parametrics, predictive modeling) a plus.
What You'll Get
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment.
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program.
- 30 days paid vacation per year plus one floating holiday.
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays.
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics.
- Opportunities to participate in digital events and conferences.
- Complementary elective German lessons for international employees.
- Subsidization of your public transportation card and €67 per month toward any wellness activity of your choice.
- Quarterly team offsites.
Yelp values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other protected status.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
More Information on Yelp
Yelp operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA and New York, NY. Yelp was founded in 2004. It has 7236 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 162 open jobs at Yelp, click here.
Read Full Job Description