Data Quality Analyst at M1 (Chicago, IL)
Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our competitors.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $6 billion of assets, we’re currently helping hundreds of thousands of people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We've been named a 2021 Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune and listed on Built In’s 2020 Best Places to Work in Chicago. We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What You'll Do
- Work with technical subject matter experts to understand and collect metadata about data sources, processes, reports, controls, data movement, and business terminology
- Evaluates large datasets for quality and accuracy ensuring adherence to data quality standards
- Research and determine scope, business impact, and complexity of quality issues on internal and external data sources
- Perform root cause analysis on data issues and recommend data quality controls to resolve gaps/issues
- Actively communicate to internal/external/stakeholders/customers quality issues with regards to the way data is collected, stored, processed or used
- Develop and perform data quality tests using SQL to ensure the reliability and accuracy of incoming data sources to ensure SLAs are being adhered to
- Report on current state data quality metrics
- Maintain and monitor data quality dashboard for company-wide visibility into data quality and reliability
- Determine additional data quality metrics to measure data accuracy
- Develop and execute data clean-up measures
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with data profiling, data discovery, data quality measurement and metric generation, root cause analysis
- Minimum of 2 years of change management experience including communicating data quality issues, collaborating with SMEs, and influencing change to improve data quality
- 1+ years of Data management and Data governance preferred
- Experience with creating dashboards using visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI, Looker)
- Proficient in SQL
- Familiarity with dbt preferred
- Knowledge of testing methods, data analysis, and strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Experience and understanding of the collection and management of metadata (as it relates to data quality).
- Should have experience with, and understanding of, implementing and measuring Data Quality and Controls
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement) and five Employee Resource Groups (Mental Health, Pride, Black, Latinx, and Women at M1), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym