Data Privacy and Compliance Architect at Reddit
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy
Reddit is looking for an hands-on technical professional with the right blend of privacy, data and systems architecture experience. You will partner with the Legal, Security, Engineering, and Product teams. You will help establish data governance to support the ever-changing stringent data privacy requirements. This role will report to our Director of Privacy and Assurance.
What You'll Do:
- Be a consultant to the product and engineering organization that ensures compliance in data quality, data lineage, metadata management to automate enrichment, policy automation, data provenance, and data handling as well retention requirements.
- Set up a framework for a powerful mapping solution across the various data persistency for all relevant compliant properties.
- Design and execute the Data Governance roadmap by partnering with the key stakeholders partners in the areas of Data Platform, Product, Security Engineering, Leal and Infrastructure to meet the data compliance commitments towards GDPR, CCPA, PCI, SOX.
- Provide technical guidance that is privacy-centric, ethical, and transparent to strengthen our data compliance posture.
- Define Data Governance policies and procedures for large clients with multi-country presence
What We Can Expect From You:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- Deep familiarization with data privacy requirements stemming from regulatory and legislative mandates
- 7+ years of hands-on experience working as an architect with a strong emphasis on data governance, privacy and compliance
- A Strong systems background in AWS environments
- Deep knowledge of methods and tools to accomplish data governance in a globally distributed environment
- Good experience with privacy impact assessments
- An expert in data lifecycle management: data definition, data lineage, data quality, data cleansing, and retention.
- Privacy related certification (e.g. CIPP, CIPT) strongly preferred
- Familiarity with CCPA, GDPR, and state data breach notification laws
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Proven project planning experience
- Strong interpersonal, consultative, consensus builder, and issue resolution skills
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
- Family Expansion Benefits
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
- Professional & Personal Development Stipends
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions
- Monthly Commuter Stipend
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].