Smokeball helps law firms bill more without their clients paying more. Intriguing, right? We were founded by technology leaders with more than 20 years of experience in delivering impactful legal technology products. Our leadership continually strives to develop a company, culture, and team that share a profound love for the law and are compelled to help small law firms find success. Our mission isn't simple, but it is straightforward: help small law firms be successful businesses so that they can better serve our communities.
What makes us special?
- Culture is sacred. As a 'Best Places to Work' winner four years in a row, we believe company culture is the single most important ingredient to our success. At the end of the day, it is all about our people.
- The best product in Legal Tech. We think deeply about the challenges small law firms face. We do not bother with simply delivering a "faster horse," we drive innovations that truly enhance the lives and businesses of our clients. Check out our ratings on G2, Capterra, and Google.
Growth. The Legal Tech industry is estimated to be worth around $15bn and is growing every year. Smokeball is growing right along with it, and we like to take our people with us.
What we need
We are seeking a client focused migrations specialist to join our team. This person will be responsible for communicating with our new migrations clients, collecting and completing simple review of migration data, managing the migrations schedule, and coordinating between migration technical analysts and the clients. Expertise in communications between clients and internal teams is a must for this role. This position is a valuable part of meeting and exceeding the needs of our new clients.
A day in the life:
- Report to the Migrations Project Manager on the status of assigned client migrations.
- Schedule and lead client meetings to set migration expectations, provide updates, and manage timelines.
- Work closely with migrations technical analysts on requests from clients, communicating and managing expectations.
- Collect clients' migration data from a myriad of different software, following guides provided.
- Run basic analysis of data to provide recommendations to clients.
- Manage multiple migration clients with various deadlines, coordinating task completion to keep workflow on track.
- Update documentation and suggest process improvements on an ongoing basis.
What you bring
- Excellent and detailed communication skills with both external clients and internal team members.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to translate requests clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Passion for delivering value to clients and prioritizing their needs.
- Time management skills with the ability to track and meet deadlines.
- Eagerness to learn new software systems and analysis tools.
- Drive to find answers, motivation to learn, and adaptive to changing business needs.
- Dedication and perseverance to exceed client expectations when it comes to their data migration
- Troubleshooting and quality control skills
Your future team
Kariayne: Hi! I'm Kariayne Cozzie, the senior project manager with migrations. What I love about Smokeball is the people I get to interact with every day. Even if we can only connect via Zoom, the camaraderie we share while working is such a joy. Outside of work, you can find me dancing around at concerts or planning my next travel adventure.
Josh: Hi, I'm Josh! I am a Legal Product Specialist at Smokeball. I have been here for almost nine years and love that I have been able to witness Smokeball's growth since we were in a tiny 400 square foot office. I can't stress enough how great it is to work here. When we say culture is king here, we all really mean it; from the President on down to the newest hire, I have never worked in a more supportive place. On my off time I cook, play D&D, love hanging out with my cats Starsky & Pudge, and am super excited to be getting back out on the road travelling again.
Robert: Hi, I'm Robert! Although I started my career working in law firms, I've been working in tech for the past 6 years and have been at Smokeball for 2.5 years. As a Data Migrations Specialist, I work to ensure a smooth data migration for new Smokeball clients. My favorite thing about working at Smokeball is the ability to help clients streamline their practice by switching to our user-friendly but robust software. I also really enjoy spending time with my coworkers. Outside of work, I am passionate about my adopted home city of New Orleans, my dog, light jogs, and my never-ending quest to learn Spanish.
Life at Smokeball
- Great Culture: Named Crain's 2021, 2020, & 2019 Best Workplaces, Inc. Magazine's 2018 Best Workplaces
- Work-Life Balance: 20 vacation days, 6 sick days, 10 paid holidays, birthday off, volunteer time, and more!
- Career Growth: Smokeball believes in investing in our own people and promoting from within. Our own President started at Smokeball as an Account Manager!
- Flexible Working: We trust our people to get their jobs done. Work remotely full-time? In the office full-time? A hybrid of both? Your choice!
- Benefits: Excellent medical coverage, 401(k) match, monthly wellness stipend, generous parental leave
- Transparency: We keep employees in the loop through monthly global huddles and local standups where we discuss company goals, updates, new hire introductions, etc.
- The Office: The kitchen is stocked with breakfast items, snacks, and beverages, and we have plenty of games to help you relax (ping-pong, billiards, pinball, board games, video games). We also offer free monthly massages provided by a licensed massage therapist!
- Fun Events: In-person happy hours, virtual game nights, family-friendly events, and so much more
- Convenient Transit: We're located in the heart of downtown Chicago, in walking distance from all major modes of transportation
The values we live by
Creating and fostering a great culture is just as important as providing a great product. At Smokeball, we don't have Core Values for show, we live and breathe them every day.
- Caring is not optional
- Make it happen
- Deliver legendary service
- Innovate for the client, not the press release
- Be frank
- Keep listening, keep learning
These values inform every strategic decision we make and guide our behavior with every person we meet. When we are bringing new team members into the Smokeball Family, we look for compassion, drive, keen judgement, varied perspectives, and no egos.
What DEI means to us
At Smokeball, we believe that "caring is not optional." We respect everyone, no matter who they are, what they look like, who they love, where they come from, how they identify, what they believe in, what abilities they have, or what they are trying to overcome. Smokeball is committed to utilizing community partnerships, education, events, and hiring to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for everyone we interact with.
Learn more about our DEI program here.
More, more, more!
Why do we do what we do? Where did the name 'Smokeball' come from? How do we give back? Learn more here.
* Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications! We encourage anyone who is interested to apply based on the responsibilities and requirements outlined. You may be the culture add that we are seeking! We look forward to your application.
* Smokeball is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing an open, welcoming environment for everyone.