Data Engineering Manager at findhelp (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:18 p.m. (CST) on Friday, May 20, 2022
About Us & Why We're Hiring
We're changing the way people connect to social care programs.
Findhelp launched over 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped over 7 million people find food, health, housing, and employment programs in seconds at findhelp.org
We're powered by tech, driven to do good, and looking for passionate people to join our team. Our mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
If our mission strikes a chord, we'd love for you to keep reading.
We are a small team of highly motivated and skilled data engineers and DBAs. The team works on data pipeline development, provides database administration and query tuning support, and supports multiple software projects and data products.
What You'll Do:
- Build a high quality Data Engineering team and design the team to scale
- Build cross-functional relationships with Data Scientists, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to understand and deliver data needs
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production
- Manage development of data resources and support new product launches
- Lead by example, role-modeling best practices for unit testing, CI/CD, DevOps, performance testing, capacity planning, documentation, monitoring, alerting and incident response
- Coach, develop, and mentor your team members
Who You Are:
- An experienced communicator & team leader
- An initiator who can drive projects to completion
- A hiring manager with at least two years of experience with Data Engineers
- A data engineer with at least six year of hands-on experience in data modeling, data warehousing, and building data pipelines using SQL and Python
Experience You'll Bring:
- Experience with at least one relational database technology such as MySQL (ideal), Oracle, or PostgreSQL
- Experience building and managing data pipelines and repositories in cloud environments such as GCP (ideal), Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Experience in Airflow preferred
- Experience with BigQuery or RedshiftData architecture experience preferred
Perks at findhelp:
- 401k & stock options
- Free food and onsite gym
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Pet friendly office with attached dog park
- 24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
We value being together
We believe being together enables stronger relationships, collaboration, and culture.
You can expect to be in-office if you are based in Austin, TX.
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want to help connect everyone to the help they need. So we want to build a company that represents your community.
But talk is cheap. We like action. Here are a few things that show we mean business.
● Employee Resource Groups
● Culture Committee
● Justice Equity Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) Committee
Read Full Job Description