Data Engineer at Big Health (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:35 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, May 3, 2022
At Big Health, our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health.
We do this through our digital therapeutics: Daylight™ for worry and anxiety, and Sleepio™, for poor sleep.
These fully automated cognitive and behavioral programs are as scalable and clinically validated as drugs.
And our software combines the intimacy of the human voice, engaging animation, and clinically rigorous techniques to engage people anytime and anywhere and ultimately help them overcome their mental health challenges.
Today, over 10 million people worldwide have access to Big Health’s products, via leading employers in the US (including Boston Medical, The Hartford, Google, and Home Depot ) and the UK’s NHS.
As a Data Engineer at Big Health, you will add a tremendous amount of value for our end-users by unlocking our ability to leverage data, enabling and contributing to our data driven decision making and helping refine our digital therapeutics for maximum effectiveness. Your work will help millions get back to good mental health. You will build our domain-driven data mesh as an important member of a cross-functional working group that builds products and resources for our data consumers throughout the company. You will expand our domain-agnostic internal tooling that enables our data mesh. You will influence our data ecosystem end-to-end, from the data sources (our products and 3rd party services), through our internal pipelines and databases, to our reporting dashboards and machine learning services.
As the Data Engineer you will...
- Be an important member of cross-functional working groups that bring domain knowledge together to design data products
- Build, test, document and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Evolve your data products in pace with the needs of the business
- Design for scalability, usability and ease of maintenance
- Deploy or build analytics tools that utilize data pipelines to deliver actionable insights
- Assemble large, complex data sets to meet both functional and non-functional business demands
- Partner with devops on the automation and management of the data infrastructure
- Assist engineers, analysts and scientists with dataset design and datastore selection
- Assist all data consumers in leveraging our data to power their initiatives
In order to be successful in this role, you will need:
- 2+ years of experience in writing Cloud applications that process large volumes of data
- Familiarity with RDBMS (Postgres or similar) on the topics of SQL, Indices, query tuning, debugging.
- Knowledge of how to design data models
- Understanding of good software development practices
It would be great if you had...
- Experience with Python in a production environment
- Good knowledge of AWS data processing offering (Kinesis, DynamoDB, S3, Elasticache, Aurora, ElasticSearch) or comparable ( Redis, Kafka, Cassandra, Google DataFlow, etc.)
- Familiarity with modern data analysis, dashboarding and machine learning tools
- Experience developing Microservices, Rest APIs, OpenAPI
- Familiarity with a variety of databases
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Familiarity with Terraform
- Familiarity with continuous integration & delivery toolchains (Codebuild)
Life at Big Health
- Be part of a team that includes clinical psychologists, software engineers, business leaders and even a former professional magician [shh… it’s a secret].
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more.
- Competitive salary packages including stock options.
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.