Data Engineer at Alliant Credit Union
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for designing and implementing efficient, flexible, extensible, and scalable ETL designs of medium to high complexity in an Enterprise environment. This includes data modeling, metadata analysis, in-depth understanding of the Azure cloud Synapse, ADF, Databricks and Data Transformation Tools and administering the cloud data platform. The candidate must be highly proficient and experienced at designing, implementing, and supporting ETL solutions data warehouse and data lake environment. Ideal candidate must be able to handle multiple highly complex projects concurrently and collaboratively in an Agile environment. The Data Engineer will report directly to the Sr. Manager, Data platform.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Participates in collaborating with business partners to transform business requirements into environment specific ETL and data validation designs
- Strong working knowledge across the technology stack including ETL, data analysis, metadata, data quality, audit and design
- Technologies currently used and supported are: SQL Server Database, Azure Synapse Databases, ADF, Informatica PowerCenter, and Databricks
- Design and develop ETL processes that load data for multitude of business processes such as Data Warehouse
- Follow change management process to resolve application defects or to implement development enhancements
- Responsible for Enterprise Data integration architecture/design & approach around data movement
- Assist with the management of ETL scalability and system management.
- Provide assistance with ETL design, development, and performance tuning
- Design and architect ETL solutions as part of a cross-functional team
- Design of data mappings, data movement routines & jobs in data management space
- Responsible for design and development of data transformation objects, Technical Specifications, and Transformation rules
- Plays a major role in Enterprise Data quality initiatives and supports Data Governance implementations
- Analysis/Design of Data service routines that would source data from various enterprise data sources
- Responsible for identifying/enhancing/implementing industry best practices in information Management space
- Perform daily monitoring and support of all data load jobs
- Address data related problems in regards to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration
- Supports existing data integration enhancements and jobs in an ongoing basis
- Provide level-3 production support for data warehouse and data lake jobs on a rotational basis
- Provide technical support to meet application service level agreements
- Data gathering, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and experience in providing supports to mission critical environments
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, required, and you have:
- Minimum four years ETL development and BI experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Azure data platform development
- Strong RDBMS DB development experience (Stored Procedure Development, Physical DB Object creation etc.)
- Strong working knowledge across the technology stack including ETL, data analysis, metadata, data quality, audit and design.
- Experience or exposure to Informatica Metadata Manager, SAP Business Objects & Crystal, Tableau, PowerBI, and ADF.
- Technology lead on several projects concurrently required
- Demonstrable expertise and understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process, including specification, documentation, and test for quality assurance
- Technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation required
Required Technical Skills:
- Platforms: MS Windows
- Database Management Systems: Microsoft SQL Server, Azure Synpase
- Data integration: Informatica PowerCenter ETL, ADF and DataBricks
- BI Reporting: SAP Business Objects, Tableau, PowerBI
- Job Scheduling: SMA Solutions OpCon
- File Movement: GO Anywhere Managed File Transfer
- Experience working with SharePoint
- Agile Development – Scrum Training
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off