Many companies offer payroll and human capital management (HCM) solutions, but Paylocity takes technology to the next level. We've evolved beyond HCM to a next-generation employee experience platform. With uniquely designed solutions to help companies engage employees, we've changed how and where work gets done and created a personalized work environment. Join Paylocity as we continue to transform the future of technology!
We give our employees what they need to succeed, including great benefits and perks! We offer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) match, as well as perks that support you, your family, and your finances. And if it's career development you desire, we provide that, too! At Paylocity, people matter most and have always been at the heart of our business
Help Paylocity enhance communication and enable employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere with a position in Product & Technology!
Want to develop the strategies and principles needed to deliver compelling software? Join our team and help us enhance our all-in-one software platform, elevate our one-of-a-kind technology, and improve the employee experience.
Take your career to the next level at one of G2's Top 100 Software Companies. Explore our Product & Technology positions to see where you fit!
As a Data Engineer, you will help design, create, deploy and maintain Paylocity's data architecture. This role will influence how the data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed by different data entities and systems. The role will be pivotal in engineering the tactical work of getting source data to its target.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- Enthusiastic about software architecture to provide the ultimate customer experience• An advocate for continuous improvement of our software development process
- Invested in staying current in data architecture by applying new technologies and practices• Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
- Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality and contribute to high velocity, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
- Excited to work on cutting-edge technology
- Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
- Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
- Customers at the center of everything we do
- Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
- Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
- A compelling mission to elevate payroll and human resources across the backroom and into the boardroom
- Focus on helping our customers automate manual processes, appeal to the modern workforce, and glean insights from analytics
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers at the center of everything we do
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- Ample opportunity and encouragement to stay current with external training
- A phenomenal culture that keeps getting better
- Design, develop, and maintain relational databases for data storage and data mining. •Design, deploy, and manage the organization's data architecture.
- Perform data warehouse design and testing, including data design, database architecture, metadata, and repository creation.
- Create and support the ETL process to extract the data from source systems and place it into the data warehouse.
- Work closely with data analysts, data scientists, and other data consumers to optimize reports by defining business requirements and populating the data warehouse table structure.
- Design data warehouse schematics and layouts and develop capacity planning.
- Create and implement effective metrics and monitoring processes.
- Develop processes and procedures for entering information into data warehousing systems and for ensuring its reliability.
- Seek continuous improvement in performance of data warehouse and ensure security of data. •Collaborate with technology and management teams to understand structural requirements and define standards for how data will be stored, consumed, integrated, and managed across the organization and translate into a usable blueprint.
- Build an inventory of data needed to implement architecture and create a vision for how data will flow through the organization.
- Design and build complex data models, approve modifications, and implement systems. Implement measures to ensure data accuracy and accessibility, constantly monitoring and refining the performance of data management systems. Produce and enforce database development standards.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science, engineering, technology related field or equivalent experience
- Experience of data modeling tools and standards, ETL tools, and big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Pig, NoSQL).
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Working experience with data lakes and data warehouses
- Should be familiar with Systems Architecture and developer tools
- Data-oriented personality
- Must be able to work effectively in an agile environment
- Must be effective and creative in problem solving
Paylocity is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $94,080.00 - $155,376.00/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.