Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
Since Opendoor first started operating in 2014, we’ve learned a lot about buying, managing, and selling real estate. The Enterprise unit with Opendoor aims to share our learnings by offering our technology and processes to institutional single-family-home investment partners. This team is building a modern platform for transactions, offering a wide range of services including brokerage, title, and data products.
About the Role
As a senior data engineer on the enterprise data platform team, you will be responsible for building customer-facing data products. Your work will include scoping new products, designing data models, building transformation pipelines, and iterating on the products you own based on customer feedback. This opportunity is unique in that the data output is a customer-facing product and not just an internal resource. Our customers are businesses operating in the single family home market and our goal is to provide them with the highest quality data to guide their operations.
We are growing quickly and looking for a senior data engineer who is dedicated to quality engineering, thoughtful data model design, and thrives in a collaborative environment. The ideal candidate not only has experience with data engineering work, but has opinions on best practices and is excited to build an engineering culture within an early stage, high growth team.
- Architect durable data models with intuitive representations of residential real estate
- Design graceful and reliable workflows to generate data assetsDevelop best practices for governance of data sets with sensitive information
- Establish methods for measuring and improving data quality
- Write internal and customer-facing documentationIterate on data products based on customer feedback
- Become a domain expert in real estate
- 6+ years experience working in data engineering or software engineering
- Proficiency in SQL and Python, or a willingness to grow into Python from other scripting languages (e.g. Scala, Java)
- Ability to design entity-level data models and reason through trade-offs of different approaches to representation
- Hands-on experience building production data pipelines, preferably using Spark or a similar distributed compute framework
- Experience ingesting and managing data sets that are messy or incomplete at source
- Experience scheduling and operating batch data processing workflows using job schedulers such as Airflow, Luigi or Dagster
For CO Residents Only, and in accordance with C.R.S. Sec. 8-5-101 et seq., the estimated base salary range for this role is $132,000 - $211,000 per year. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position in question based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and other available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply for the role and are selected for an interview.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness
Read Full Job Description