Data Engineer, Analytics at Fivetran
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of 1 Team, 1 Dream, Get Stuck in, and Do the right thing. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture, watch this video. You can also learn more about why Fivetran Analytics is the best place to work for data talents in this video here.
About the role:
We believe that in the future, with the work of writing and maintaining ELT pipelines offloaded to Fivetran, the role of a data engineer opens up into a wider problem space focused on performance, reliability, and making data teams and data consumers more efficient. Fivetran’s internal Analytics team are happy Fivetran customers, and we are looking for a data engineer who is ready to step into that future with us.
This person will own the development and maintenance of tools and systems leveraged by our analytics team, bringing a “DevOps/DataOps” mindset to how we think about the efficiency, reliability and ease of use of our stack. You will work on designing and building highly automated operational flows for monitoring, QAing, deploying and integrating analytics outputs. You will be an integral technical leader within the Analytics team.
This is a full-time position based out of our Oakland office.
Technologies You’ll Use:
We emphasize using no-nonsense tools, and take great pride in the simplicity and effectiveness of the systems we build. Our Modern Data Stack is made up primarily of Python, BigQuery, dbt, Looker, Slack, Google Cloud Functions, and of course, Fivetran!
What You’ll Do:
- Design and maintain tools and systems to empower analysts and other data consumers
- Support the growth of analytics through streamlining our onboarding and deployment processes
- Assess and optimize existing workflows to make them faster, cheaper, more secure and easier to use
- Bring the curiosity of an analyst and take a proactive approach toward identifying pain points and solving problems
Skills We’re Looking For:
- Deep familiarity with advanced SQL in a modern data warehouse environment (BigQuery, Redshift, Snowflake, etc)
- Applied knowledge of a scripting language, preferably Python, in a data engineering context
- Experience with serverless computing (AWS Lambda or Google Cloud Functions)
- Experience with version control (git)
- Experience writing production code, and debugging and deciphering code written by others
- Interest in becoming a sought after voice in the data analytics community.
Perks and Benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.