Data Architect (ETL Developer) at MetroStar (Remote)
MetroStar is seeking a Data Architect (ETL Developer) who will be responsible for the overall understanding of data across the enterprise and data management life cycle. The ideal ETL Developer will be able to effectively translate and integrate release data while effectively developing specifications and requirements. If you want to join a company that values people that are fearless about making technology work, we want you to work for MetroStar!
You’re a great fit if you have…
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering, SQL/Database programming, developing, modifying, and enhancing data and metadata service components.
- Experience working on Agile teams of developers and data scientists, participating in scrum ceremonies.
- A passion for data, problem solving, and providing data to end users in the best way possible.
You’ll love our position if you have… (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- 5+ years direct experience with SQL/Database programming, Relational SQL, NoSQL databases, including SQL Server
- Experience with ETL and workflow management tools, such as Informatica
- Experience query authoring and optimization (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases and layered data architectures
- Bachelor’s degree
- Clearance/Security level: U.S. Citizenship required and successful completion of Public Trust background investigation
We’ll REALLY love you if you have… (This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- Object-oriented/function scripting languages (e.g., Python)
- General experience/knowledge of Azure Cloud Service
- Experience working on a scrum team in an Agile environment, writing user stories, estimating levels of effort, documenting in JIRA
- Experience with data modeling tools and process, architecting data systems (transactional and warehouses), layered data architectures, aggregating results/compiling information for reporting
- Experience with supporting data needs for web services design and development in enterprise-scale systems, processes, and micro-service-based architectures
What your day will look like:
- Interact with a multi-disciplinary team of analysts, data scientists, developers, and users to comprehend data requirements and develop a robust data processing pipeline that will ingest, normalize, enrich, and deliver data to support varying business needs and end-user applications.
- Lead the development of ETL processes, scripts, and own the migration of data through environments with performance and reliability.
- Address technical inquiries concerning customization, integration, enterprise architecture and general feature / functionality of data products
- Develop specifications outlining design/implementation details for data ingest processes; translate and integrate release data, development specifications and requirements
The Admin Stuff: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.