Data Analytics Consultant at CNA
Under technical direction designs and analyzes moderately complex organizational data for Commercial Pricing and provides business insights.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Performs moderately complex data processes for the purpose of quantifying the performance of the business area and evaluating operational changes.
- Reports findings and may make recommendations to management and business partners.
- Interprets data and identifies relevant analyses;
- Monitors trends over time and provides actionable insights that support the active management of the business area.
- Determines possible solutions using technical experience judgment and precedents.
- Builds dashboards (using Excel and/or Proprietary Software) and prepares reports for Management and/or business partners.
- Identifies opportunities to leverage new IT solutions in support of analytics and reporting objectives.
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction; provides informal guidance to new team members.
- May actively partner with other analytical teams across the organization and/or participate in special projects.
- Responds to and fulfills ad-hoc data requests.
Typically Manager or above.
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
- Solid knowledge of core functions of an insurance company general insurance and statistical financial and economic concepts which may include a specialty area of the business.
- Solid knowledge of applications such as Microsoft Office Suite Tableau and other business related software.
- Solid knowledge and experience using programming language(s) such as SQL or R
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with to effectively resolve moderately complex situations and issues. Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of CNA's internal and external business partners.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team manage time and resources to accomplish multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Solid project management skills and strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage work deliverables/projects effectively.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Economics Mathematics Finance Statistics or related field.
- Typically a minimum of four years of related work experience.