Data Analyst at Verisk (Remote)
This role will form part of the Data Assets group and will work closely with our Research, Data and Product functions. The successful candidate will be help solve challenges around data management, pipelines, analysis and data quality.
The success of this role will require attention to detail, collaboration & problem solving. The core objective is to help manage and migrate workflows from legacy systems & deliver internal efficiencies through data. Ensuring we have a supportive and inclusive culture within our team is essential.
What you’ll love about Wood Mackenzie
For the past 45 years, we have established our reputation as a trusted source of knowledge and forward- looking insight for the world’s most innovative organisations.
Our teams are located around the world and deliver research and consulting projects based on our assessment and valuation of thousands of individual assets, companies and economic indicators such as market supply, demand and price trends. As a result, we can count the world’s key energy institutions and governments among our most loyal clients.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We value everyone’s contribution and support them to reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being. There are opportunities to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are part of a company that has been named as a Best Employer by Forbes Magazine and on the Forbes Most Innovative Companies list three years running. Verisk is one of only 15 out of 500 companies to appear on both lists. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!Job Description
Wood Mackenzie is on a mission to transform how we power the planet. Do you have a passion for working with Data? Are you a Problem-Solver with an ability to quickly understand complex processes? Do you continually look for ways to improve quality and user experience? Then this role could be for you.
We have data roles that are key to delivering products, transformation projects and efficiencies. You will work along-side subject matter experts to deliver new customer Insight and Analytics.
- Form a strong understanding of the data landscape, domain and workflows for your business area, customers and products
- Provide specialist skills in data analysis, visualisation and data management, delivering new Analytics through connected datasets and integrated pipelines
- Advocate for quality, take responsibility for the ownership or of data and whilst fulfilling complex data requests on time and with high standards
- Identify, prioritise and document opportunities for efficiency, optimisation, migration or improvement in our systems, processes and datasets
- Work in an agile, collaborative manner to foster an environment of continuous improvement and incremental delivery, measuring success
- Core user of Data/GIS platform and ensures best practices are applied to utilise or maintain databases, tools, models and processes solutions from data sourcing to client delivery
- Collaborate with colleagues in Research, Data, Product and Engineering to deliver Data Assets while supporting junior colleagues
Experience in data related roles, demonstrating customer focus and knowledge of core concepts around ingestion, cleansing, and data quality
Strong skills in Relational and NoSQL Database systems, with ability to query and analyse data using SQL or other techniques
Expert skills in a data visualisation package (such as PowerBI)
Worked in areas identifying and applying technology solutions to solve business problems using agile methodologies
Excellent communication skills, including mentoring more junior colleagues and managing others’ workloads
A keen interest and passion for learning new technologies or data skills like Python, understanding of AWS and APIs is an advantageAdditional Information
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice