Cloud Database Administrator at findhelp (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:52 p.m. (CST) on Monday, August 8, 2022
About Us & Why We're Hiring
We're changing the way people connect to social care programs.
Findhelp launched over 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped over 7 million people find food, health, housing, and employment programs in seconds at findhelp.org
We're powered by tech, driven to do good, and looking for passionate people to join our team. Our mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
If our mission strikes a chord, we'd love for you to keep reading.
We are tasked with maintaining and evolving our data storage, data warehousing, and ETL workflows for our application, customers, and internal reporting.
We are a remote team, and this is a remote role, though preference may be given to Austin-based candidates.
- Taking ownership of complex databases (SQL, NoSQL, Columnar, In-memory types of dbs)
- Upgrades version of MySQL db (from v5.7 to v8.0)
- Mapping out and documenting data relationships
- Creating and managing backup, restore, user access policies
- Enforcing standards, process, and SLAs
- Leading database change management processes and supporting CI/CD processes from a database perspective
- Working with data engineers to manage data flows between multiple storage sources
- Advising developers on data storage aspects of building robust, scalable applications
- Performance tuning of databases and SQL queries
- Automating processes and creating maintenance plan for multiple database environments
- Performing proactive database administration
- Occasional on-call duties
- 5+ years of MySQL database administration experience
- Have done database administration in a GCP environment
- Strong understanding of MySQL database security management
- Proficiency in writing SQL queries and stored procedures
- Proficiency in SQL query tuning
- Excellent documentation skills
- Record of emphasizing cross-functional teamwork
- Experience in Data Modeling, ETL/ELT workflow management
- Strong knowledge of operating systems, Shell/Python scripting is a big plus
- Nice to have: DataStore, BigQuery, Cloud Composer/Airflow, remote work experience
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want to help connect everyone to the help they need. So we want to build a company that represents your community.
But talk is cheap. We like action. Here are a few things that show we mean business.
● Employee Resource Groups
● Culture Committee
● Justice Equity Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) Committee
Read Full Job Description