Ascend's mission is to enable every organization to innovate faster by harnessing the power of automation. We help customers spend more time bringing data innovations to life by simplifying and accelerating data orchestration.
Leveraging the Ascend product, you will help our customers vastly accelerate their data projects, guiding their way through proof of concepts, implementations, and rollout. Your goal is simple: create as many raving fans as you can! You will do this by building on the enormous appeal of the product itself, adding the human element to give practical advice on how customers can optimally design and build data solutions. You’ll need to be a great listener to understand the customer business needs, a critical thinker/team collaborator in designing solutions, and a coach/friend to the customer as they embark on their journey with Ascend. We believe the best teams are those comprised of individuals who have a deep passion for customers, love sharing knowledge with their team, and actively seek out environments where they are not the smartest person in the room.
What you'll do:
- You will architect the customer solution, map the customer needs to the Ascend product, and define the approach to integrating it into the customer context. You will lead deep-dive sessions with prospects and present demos.
- You will have a front-row seat to what it really takes to make customers successful deploying the Ascend product. As such you are in the best position to provide the engineering team with the practical feedback necessary to make the product better and our customers more successful.
- In addition to architecting the solution, you’ll be expected to get hands-on as needed with the help of Ascend Field Data Engineers to enable and un-block the customer team.
- Act as the day-to-day technical point of contact for the customer team as they evaluate the product, define their intended solution, implement, and roll-out.
- Support other critical work to scale Ascend including writing blogs, making videos, and presenting at conferences.
What we look for:
- Experience designing and building cloud-based data solutions that are Lake or Warehouse centric.
- As we have customers on AWS, GCP, and Azure, familiarity with more than 1 a huge plus but not necessary.
- Experience with software development processes.
- Strong team mindset.
- All of the usual skills for a position like this: Strong written and oral communication, critical thinking, flexibility, self-direction, etc.
What we offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision covered at 100%
- Long-term & Short-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Meaningful equity
- Flexible PTO
- Annual Learning Stipend
- Remote Work Stipend
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Ascend we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Ascend.io is an equal opportunity employer. At Ascend.io, we are committed to treating all applicants fairly based on their abilities,
achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Read Full Job Description