Found is a modern weight care platform and community focused on integrated support. According to a recent CDC study, nearly 50% of Americans want to lose weight, and on average, Americans have gained 30 lbs during the pandemic. But the existing weight loss industry focuses on shame - if you don’t have the willpower to eat less and workout more, you aren’t trying hard enough.
Modern science shows us that weight care is complex - food and movement are important, but so are hormones, genetics, sleep, stress, mental health, and daily habits. Found’s unique approach incorporates personalized coaching, an online community, and if indicated, medical and prescription solutions.
Research shows that addressing weight health reduces the long-term risk of diabetes, heart disease, and some forms of cancer. We believe in giving our community tools that will help them add years to their lives and reach their goals. We believe it’s not just what you’ve lost, it’s what you’ve Found. Found has raised more than $130mm from leading investors, including Atomic, GV, WestCap, IVP, TCG, Define Ventures and more.
As Found’s first Business Operations Analyst focused on our coaching and support functions, you’ll play a critical role in defining the vision for how we think about workforce management strategy across our remote, frontline teams that interact directly with our members. You’ll help define the analytics and metrics strategy of a world-class health coaching organization, and support strategic projects essential to the growth and evolution of Found’s business. You’re a builder at heart, and love getting in the weeds of the data to understand problems, and then finding creative solutions. In this role, you’ll have the chance to partner with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders to determine how to optimize our teams in ways that ensure our members are getting the best experience possible.
What You’ll Do
- Data analysis: Identify data gaps and drive the collection of new metrics related to areas like quality, speed, engagement, and cost. Complete frequent ad hoc projects and analyses related to our Member Experience & Health Coaching teams.
- Workforce strategy: Partner with Member Experience leadership & Health Coaching leadership to determine our workforce management strategy (example projects: assessing optimal scheduling for frontline agents & heath coaches using Erlang staffing model, partnering with Finance to refine our forecasting methodology related to headcount & budgeting)
- Experimentation & measurement: Design & implement experiments to test new support and coaching initiatives, including measuring impact and statistical significance.
- Cross-functional operations & influence: Work with cross-functional teams like Clinical Operations, Product, and Support to develop new processes and optimize workflows to make our operations more efficient & higher quality.
What You Have
- Passion for working in a rapidly growing business with curiosity, humility, humor, and professionalism
- Strong fluency and experience in SQL
- Strong fluency in Excel/Sheets, modeling, and data analysis in general
- Proficiency with basic statistics
- Comfort with ambiguity and managing projects with little direction
- 2+ years in an analytics-oriented role, ideally at a scaled tech company or start-up
- Experience in capacity planning, forecasting, real-time headcount management, and/or reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write in languages like R or Python
- Experience with workforce management/forecasting and business intelligence platforms
- Experience managing workforces across a network of vendors/BPOs
- Experience developing multi-channel (i.e. phone, email, text, chat) workforce management models
- Experience managing and analyzing quality and efficiency of a health coaching organization
- Experience or interest in working in the Health & Wellness industry
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- PTO, company-paid holidays, parental leave
- 401K, wellness and wifi perks
- Flexible, remote-first work culture
Found is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek and celebrate diversity in its many forms. If you’re excited about this opportunity but do not meet 100% of the qualifications, we encourage you to apply.
Please review our CCPA policies.