The Amherst Group of companies comprise of leading real estate investment and advisory firms with a mission to transform the way real estate is owned, financed and managed. Amherst leverages its proprietary data, analytics, technology, and decades of experience to seek solutions for a fragmented, slow-to-evolve real estate ecosystem and to materially improve the experience for residents, buyers, sellers, communities, and investors. Today Amherst has over 1000 employees and $14.1 billion in assets under management.
Over the past decade, Amherst has scaled its platform to become one of the largest operators of single-family assets and has acquired, renovated, and leased more than 46,000 homes across 32 markets in the U.S. The firm delivers customized, stabilized cash-flowing portfolios of assets to its investors, wrapped in all the ongoing services required to manage, own, and finance the asset including property management, portfolio management, and a full capital markets team. In addition to its single-family rental platform, Amherst’s debt business pursues two distinct credit strategies in mortgage-backed securities and commercial real estate lending. Over its 25-year history, Amherst has developed a deep bench of research and technology talent, and leverages data and analytics at every stage in the asset lifecycle to improve operations and preserve long-term value for our investors and the more than 188,000 residents the firm has served.
The Business Analyst (Amherst Homes) will be the key liaison between the technical product and Amherst Homes Team at Amherst. This role will partner with a growing business line to develop, implement and optimize software to support land development, procurement and residential construction operations. This position will work closely with the internal development team, third party integrators and business stakeholders to define and implement best practice workflows in the ERP and Construction Management platforms.
The successful candidate will assist in providing technical solutions to business needs and will be involved in all phases of the SDLC from identifying the business problem, gathering and documenting the business requirements through the development, testing and implementation of the technical solution. The Business Analyst must be comfortable working on tight timelines with a cross functional team with minimal supervision, working alongside and reporting to the product manager for Amherst Homes in Technology.
- Gathering and documenting business requirements, writing formal project documentation, planning, and performing user acceptance testing, and assisting with implementations.
- Works closely with Product and developers to understand how our systems work, to identify innovative solutions and to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Building detailed ‘as is’ and ‘target’ process maps with the business that model how they work and identify optimization opportunities
- Provide pre and post-production system support to end users following implementations as well as ongoing tier 2 support.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the Head of Product.
What you’ll need to have:
- Experience with financial systems and implementing new processes
- 3-5 years of experience as a Business Analyst with a bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Highly structured approach to documenting requirements, interviewing stakeholders, process modelling and analytical research a must.
- Ability to collaborate and quickly build relationships with cross functional teams
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be tech-savvy with the proven ability to understand and explain software.
- Must be able to work both independently and with a team.
- Must be comfortable working on tight timelines in a start-up like environment. Homebuilder experience is needed
Additional Skills and Experience: (Preferred, but Not Required):
- JD Edwards or comparable ERP System
- Lean Six Sigma certified
- Finance / accounting / business administration experience
- Knowledge of accounting and finance processes (close / financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable)
- Working knowledge of PMO tools such as Jira, Confluence, Asana, Sharepoint and roadmap visualization tools such as Roadmunk
Our full-time employee benefits include:
A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
Professional career development and reimbursement
Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.