Business Analyst at HopSkipDrive (Remote)
Who we are
HopSkipDrive’s mission is to create opportunity for all through mobility. Our safe, innovative youth transportation solution is used by over 300 school districts, charter schools, government agencies and busy families to get kids where they need to go.
With nearly 500,000 yellow buses on the road every day and 3.5 billion miles driven a year, student transportation is the largest mass transit system in the US. And while districts spend $25 billion annually on transportation, only 30% of kids get to school everyday on a school bus. Add to the equation a crippling bus driver shortage and increasing needs for individualized transportation solutions, and it is clear the current system is expensive, inefficient and ripe for disruption.
We create personalized transportation solutions from one to many, and everything in between.
We’re a company with heart
Our partnerships with school districts, child welfare agencies and nonprofits ensure equitable educational access for our most vulnerable populations, including youth in foster care, youth experiencing homelessness, and youth with special needs.
We understand that the difference between struggle and success can sometimes be as simple as the ability to show up, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology, coupled with operational expertise and new thinking to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
We’re an awesome place to work
Our company culture has been well-recognized — HopSkipDrive has been named to Best Places to Work lists from Built in LA, Comparably, Inc. and the Los Angeles Business Journal. Comparably also named us to the Best Company for Professional Development, Best CEO and Best CEOs for Women lists.
We’re growing rapidly
Founded by three moms as a solution to their own transportation challenges, we now serve nine states and 16 markets across the country and continue to expand at a rapid pace, twice making the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte 500 Fast-Growing Technology lists. Backed by top-tier venture capital firms, HopSkipDrive has raised $70M in funding to date.
Who you are
You are looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. You are inspired by our vision and the opportunity to define a new category in an incredibly fast-growing market. You are excited to learn, grow and collaborate so we can achieve our mission of creating opportunity for all through mobility.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that challenges require different approaches, unique perspectives and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
As a Senior Data Analyst you will be a part of the core business intelligence team. You will apply your data analysis skills and business acumen to improve operational processes and impact business outcomes as defined by product roadmaps and company initiatives.
What you'll do
- Scope and develop data products in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders. For example: create clean data sources, build dashboards, evaluate product experiments.
- Perform in depth analysis to understand business dynamics, with a particular focus on the enterprise side of the HopSkipDrive marketplace.
- Build and improve on existing reporting, thus empowering coworkers to make informed decisions and track their performance.
- Model and advocate for data best practices outside of the Business Intelligence team.
- Utilize your understanding of Enterprise businesses to provide relevant insights to HopSkipDrive’s client facing teams (Sales, Marketing, Client Operations) in order to help them achieve their business performance goals.
- Create training materials and conduct data trainings that empower coworkers to use data to better perform at their roles.
- Add to the diverse perspectives on the current team
- Ensure data is used ethically.
- Attend daily cross functional team meetings.
What you bring
- A passion to work in a data-driven culture with modern self-service data tools.
- 4+ years experience using modern tools for data wrangling, reporting, and visualization.
- 2+ years experience in Enterprise or Education focused businesses.
- Data investigation skills to uncover actionable insights.
- Experience with business modeling and workflows.
- Technical proficiency in Tableau, Excel, Google Sheets, and SQL.
- A love of learning.
- Strong communication skills are a must, especially story-telling with data.
- Ability to thrive under uncertain or changing circumstances.
- Agile development and start-up experience preferred.
- A Data Science background is a plus.
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer competitive market comp, flexible vacation, FSA, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k), and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HopSkipDrive is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected class. HopSkipDrive is also proud to operate as a drug-free workplace.