Argo Group is a leader in specialty insurance with a vibrant culture built on respect, equality, wellness and opportunity. We’re an innovative organization that’s small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference in our industry.
Our hybrid workplace is continuously evolving to ensure all employees feel:
- Comfortable bringing their whole selves to work.
- Confident that they will be treated respectfully.
- Recognized for their performance and provided with equal opportunities to succeed.
At Argo, skill meets opportunity. If you’re wired to raise your hand and ask, “Where can I help?”, you’ll thrive with us.
The Assistant Actuarial Analyst – Pricing role is critical to supporting the actuarial pricing strategy at Argo. We seek an individual that has the ability to assist in the evaluation of pricing for business partners regarding optimization of the portfolio. Our expectation is for continuous learning of actuarial tools and principles with the eventual goal of working independently, problem-solving issues, and bringing fresh ideas for improvements to the team.
Work in a team environment with underwriting, claims, financial, IT, digital and marketing professionals supporting our professional lines and cyber businesses.
Data work in R, Python, SQL, Excel and PowerBI including data cleansing/manipulation, EDA and model building.
Participate in a full range of actuarial and financial analysis to quantify performance including predictive modeling.
Work closely with the managing actuary and business partners on analyses which provide direction on ways to improve portfolio performance.
Learn how to evaluate new business opportunities and/or programs and share recommendations with business partners.
Participate in loss ratio planning and reforecast process on a quarterly basis including rate change, loss trend, mix shift and non-rate actions.
Explore new tools to drive efficiencies and refine existing workflows.
Create and automate datasets and reports for actuarial analysis.
Complete rate filings where applicable.
What’s required for the position:
Bachelor’s Degree, Mathematics, Actuarial Science or Finance related.
1+ exams in current pursuit of ACAS or equivalent experience.
Experience with at least one coding language (SQL, R, Python, SAS, VBA, etc.).
Basic overall knowledge of insurance.
Strong communication skills with the ability to convey technical concepts to management and other functional areas.
Ability to interact and work within a team environment and approach actuarial work as a collaborative product.
Ability to assist with concurrent projects.
Desire to continuously develop professional written and verbal communication skills.
Must be detail-oriented and able to quickly evaluate the accuracy of information.
Proficient PC skills developed through the use of Windows and Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel, Outlook, and Word).
Actuarial Internship experience a plus.
Rate filing experience a plus.
Creative and flexible mentality.
Travel Requirements: Up to 15%
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, offers frequent, integrated communication and values authentic recognition of excellence. View our 2022 Environmental, Social & Governance Report to learn more about Argo.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that results in approximately 25% of all new hires annually.