Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured, and designed for the way our customers live their lives.
A bank for all of us.
About the Data Analytics team
Varo’s Data Analytics team partners with stakeholders across the organization to guide decision-making with data. The team explores our rich datasets to identify key trends, propose experiments, and provide a nuanced understanding of what the data are (and are not) saying. We hail from diverse quantitative backgrounds and are driven by a sense of ownership and the shared mission to translate rigor into impact.
About the role
We’re seeking a senior contributor to lead our analytics efforts spanning marketing and growth. As the team lead for these areas, you will play a key role in crystallizing and executing a roadmap of initiatives aimed at propelling Varo’s customer acquisition and engagement efforts in partnership with stakeholders from across the organization (Marketing, Product, Growth, Engineering). Achieving success will require drawing equally on your solid background in causal inference, statistics, and machine learning to derive meaningful insights, and the ability to influence partners from a range of backgrounds.
This role is ideal for someone who is a seasoned individual contributor, looking to take the first steps into people management. While your initial responsibilities will be individual in nature, you can expect to hire a team of analysts within the first 6-12 months of joining Varo. Join us in building the future of banking.
As an Analytics Manager, Growth you'll...
- Hire, guide a technically mentor a team of 1-3 analysts in the next 12 months to conduct statistical analysis related to attribution, experimentation, and causal inference
- Isolate and refine business questions in collaboration with cross-functional peers, assemble statistically rigorous and compelling analyses, and influence cross-functional decision-making
- Proactively explore data to uncover insights that can inform new experiments for user acquisition, activation, engagement, and retention
- Understand marketing and growth problems, frame them in statistical/mathematical / data science terms, and propose solutions that balance pragmatism and rigor
- Develop analyses, dashboards, and insights to drive business decision-making related to customer acquisitions and engagement
- Represent Data Analytics as a subject-matter expert in cross-functional initiatives, presenting technical results to a broad audience including senior executives
- Set requirements for experiments to ensure clean data and actionable results
You have the required experience...
- Ability to isolate and refine business questions in collaboration with cross-functional peers, assemble statistically rigorous and compelling analyses, and influence cross-functional decision-making
- Demonstrated track record of driving significant business impact in marketing and growth at other consumer internet companies
- Experience with digital marketing acquisition channels, marketing mix models, multi-touch attribution, and funnel optimization
- Expert command of SQL and scripting languages (Python or R preferred), and dashboarding tools (Tableau preferred)
- Excellent foundation in statistics
- Ability to independently get things done in a high-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate technical content to an audience with various backgrounds.
- PhD or Master’s degree in a highly quantitative discipline
- 6+ years of work experience in Marketing or Growth Analytics with demonstrated experience conducting statistical analyses related to attribution, experimentation, and causal inference
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail [email protected] with the pertinent information and contact information.
Read Full Job Description