Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Merchant Pricing team is responsible for enabling efficient value exchange between Affirm’s merchants, consumers and strategic partners. We’re looking for an intelligent, driven professional to join us.
In this role, you will help build the pricing capability that allows Affirm scale its merchant base and achieve profitability targets. You will work closely with the Credit, Product, Engineering, Applied Machine Learning, Commercial, Finance and Capital Markets teams. The ideal candidate will have strong problem-solving skills, high proficiency with analytical tools, as well as interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally and drive forward recommendations.What You’ll Do
- Develop automation tools and models to streamline merchant pricing process
- Develop analytical capabilities to enable pricing optimization at various levels of aggregation, addressing the needs of both Affirm and its partners
- Develop a robust pricing optimization and monitoring infrastructure, and use this infrastructure to assess, define, and scale pricing opportunities for different verticals
- Assist in merchant pricing policy development, new product formation and new markets exploration
- Conduct pricing and risk analysis on Affirm's loan portfolio
- Develop portfolio management monitoring dashboards
- Maintain a strong understanding of our evolving data warehouse
- Build cross-functional relationships and partner with our Credit, Product, Engineering, Applied Machine Learning, Commercial, Finance and Capital Markets teams on company-wide initiatives.
- 4+ years of experience in an analytically-driven role (analytics, finance, consulting etc.)
- Highly proficient in manipulating large data sets with SQL, Python and Spark programming
- Experience building dashboards in at least one BI reporting tool (Looker, Tableau etc.)
- Proven record of delivering business value by operationalizing predictive models or automated tools
- Ability to dive deep into data and communicate insights to audiences of all backgrounds
- Solid understanding of payments and consumer credit
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work across all organizational levels
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics, Finance, or Financial Engineering is a plus
- Experience in Financial Services industry is a plus
Location - Remote Canada
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.