Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We’re looking for an individual to join the Merchant Pricing team! This team is responsible for enabling efficient value exchange between Affirm’s merchants, consumers, and strategic partners. One of our team's strengths is offering customized financing solutions across our merchant base – and you'll help us capitalize on this key advantage by designing the pricing infrastructure to achieve this at scale. You will become an expert in how we optimize financing offers, and you’ll apply this knowledge to improve the underlying profitability of Affirm’s loan portfolio.What You’ll Do
- Create a framework to continuously evaluate and improve our merchant loan portfolio alongside its profit and volume targets
- Work in a cross-functional pod to design the merchant pricing infrastructure that will meet Affirm's future scale and scope
- Investigate and implement new levers, such as customer lifetime value, for pricing decision-making
- Own the end-to-end pricing analysis to help Affirm build new products and expand into new markets
- Build expertise in our evolving data warehouse, risk models, and optimization methodologies
- Partner with our Credit, Product, Engineering, Applied Machine Learning, Commercial, Finance and Capital Markets teams on company-wide initiatives
- Ability to deliver analytical solutions to ambiguous problems by deconstructing them into tangible steps
- Ability to explain insights to technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficiency in applying Python and SQL to analyze large data sets
- Familiarity with BI reporting tools such as Looker
- Knowledge of consumer lending, payments infrastructure, and revenue management
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics, Finance, or Financial Engineering is a plus
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.