An exciting opportunity for an actuarial or data analyst to help drive innovation as a member of CNA's Long Term Care Actuarial team! This role collaborates across our Actuarial teams, along with partnering with the LTC Finance & Analytics, Operations, and Inforce Management teams within the division.
Leveraging the latest technology in actuarial science (Moody's AXIS, R, Python, Alteryx and Tableau), this role primarily supports the annual reserve review process and statutory asset adequacy analysis. This role will also support stress and scenario testing, plan forecasting, pricing and other strategic initiatives including the implementation of the new GAAP accounting standard for long duration contracts. A successful candidate will be technically strong, detail-oriented and naturally curious. This role offers full actuarial exam study support, flexible work options, and a focus on professional development via future job rotations!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with and supports team members in the development and modeling of actuarial assumptions as part of our annual reserve and asset adequacy testing, leveraging R, Python, Alteryx, Excel and Moody's AXIS.
- Leverage industry leading actuarial and data manipulation tools for experience analysis, analytical support and ad-hoc actuarial requests, including leveraging predictive analytic methods.
- Analyzes financial and statistical data and performs actuarial calculations to influence and drive business decisions.
- Develop process improvements in order to gain efficiencies and execution of automatic controls; creating well organized repeatable and auditable processes.
- Works collaboratively with other teams to create and design analytical reports for better understanding of financial results.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
Director or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of the core functions of an insurance company, including actuarial/statistical or data science concepts.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve ambiguous and challenging problems with a sense of urgency. Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of CNA's internal and external business partners.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to effectively resolve complex situations and issues.
- Solid project management, organization, and planning skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well in a team, manages time and resources to accomplish multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, data programing languages (R, Python or Alteryx) and other business-related software systems, including processing systems and applications.
- Knowledge of Moody's AXIS Actuarial software a plus, but not required.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or equivalent discipline.
- Entry level (typically up to three years of experience), which may include progress toward actuarial accreditation.