Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Technology Vendor Specialist to join the Technology Vendor Management department performing oversight of vendors and contractors and supporting the technology sourcing pipeline. Under the direction of the Director Technology Vendor Management, this role is responsible for managing the contract life cycle for new and existing vendors, which includes assisting with negotiating contract terms and conditions, modifications, incentives, and remedies while working with key stakeholders to ensure that their requirements are met. The Vendor Specialist acts as a key point of contact and subject matter expert for contract-related activities. In addition, the Technology Vendor Specialist will collect essential reporting requirements to develop vendor scorecards and dashboards for presenting performance results.
- Manage the Technology Vendor pipeline and incoming requests
- Review and analyze price models with new and existing vendors
- Conduct market research and the RFI/P process for Technology
- Compile and analyze spend reports and savings derived from Technology initiatives
- Manage Technology contracts lifecycle including SLA, Amendments, and changes in scope
- Administer processes in the day-to-day fulfillment of technology procurement request/intake, pre-contracting reviews and approvals
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, IT, Legal, or related field preferred; or equivalent work experience of 7+ years of direct/indirect sourcing, and procurement experience
- Experience in managing complex contracts in one or more Technology/IT categories, including hardware, software, hosting, cloud SaaS/PaaS, Infrastructure and service.
- Experience analyzing and negotiating successful enterprise-wide, multi-year agreements with large IT suppliers (i.e., AWS, GCP, Microsoft/Azure, Salesforce, Adobe, Oracle, SAP, IBM, etc.).
- Experience working cross-functionally across multiple departments and teams.
- Advanced experience in complex contract negotiations including varied pricing structures, cost plus methodologies, and tiered rate cards.
- Advanced understanding of finance, supply chain, sourcing, and or procurement.
- Advanced understanding of RFPs, SLAs, and vendor scorecards.
- Ability to apply business and management principles involved in strategic sourcing.
- Ability to develop, cultivate, and maintain complex working relationships.
- Ability to anticipate obstacles, challenges, and identify root cause analysis.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a fast-paced complex changing environment.
- Communicate information in a clear, well-organized, and professional manner.
- Advanced level of Oracle ERP, MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required.
- Experience with MS Teams, JIRA, Slack, ServiceNow, Fresh Desk, and EchoSign.
Most work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Travel may be required.
EEO/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.