Sr Digital Tech Support Engr at Caterpillar (Remote)
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do - but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here - we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
The Senior Application Support Engineer is responsible for monitoring overall performance of assigned digital application products and handling customer issues through resolution.
As part of the Cat Digital Operations team, primary focus will be technical support of dealer tools used with Caterpillar's eCommerce solutions for online purchase of parts & services. These applications provide dealers the ability to configure preferences, locations, etc.
Responsibilities of the Senior Application Support Engineer are tied to providing technical support for the dealer tools applications including, but not limited to:
- Service level manager for the managed service providing application support to ensure meeting application availability and issue resolution targets to maintain and improve assigned digital product performance.
- Incident management: Identify, prioritization, investigating, troubleshooting, debugging complex issues and create bug fixes to resolve issues.
- Problem management: coordination/communication, identify root cause, implement interim corrective actions, implement permanent corrective actions, and reporting.
- Resolution of commitments; formally document issues and provide follow-up on the resolution process with industry and development teams.
- Change management activities to implement bug fixes.
- Stay current with all digital products and applications to develop and maintain a digital products and application knowledge base and training materials.
- Employee will be responsible for managing dealer escalations and communication streams between stakeholders and the support team.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Requires a college or university degree, technical certification, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in application support.
- IT Service Management (ITSM) experience
- Azure DevOps experience
Top candidates will also have:
- eCommerce experience, especially HCL Commerce version 9
- Java experience (but open to .Net/ Python/ Scala) preferred
- Experience in Linux operating systems
- Experience with relational databases support, querying and database reporting
- Experience with AWS services: EC2, S3, VPC, Route 53, RDS, CloudFormation, EC2, Lambda, logging/CloudWatch, IAM, Certificate Manager, EBS, CloudFront/WAF, SQS, SNS, EKS, and SES.
- Knowledge of secure coding and personal identifiable information (PII) handling
- Network experience including firewalls and DNS
- Working experience with SQL, JSON, and KQL
- Expertise with high availability architecture
- GitHub Experience
- PowerBI Experience
Compensation & Benefits:
Base salary for this role ranges from $104,112 to $156,168. Actual salary will be based on experience. The total rewards package, beyond base salary includes:
- Annual incentive bonus plan*
- Medical, dental and vision coverage starting day 1
- Paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer, Etc.)
- 401(K) Savings Plan including company match
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Short and long term disability coverage
- Life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Healthy Lifestyle Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Voluntary Benefits and Employee Discounts (Ex: Accident, Identity Theft Protection)
- Career Development
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .