Senior Security Engineer at Grindr (Remote)
What’s So Interesting About This Role?
Our Sr Senior Cyber Security Engineer will be primarily responsible for many aspects of keeping Grindr’s information assets secure and well managed. Primarily focused on securing our cloud infrastructure but additionally focused on ensuring our software development life cycle is properly implementing security in each step. Collaborating with team members both inside and outside of the security team will be critical to the success of this role.What’s the job?
- Implementing security best practices into our cloud infrastructure and software development life cycle
- Administration of our security incident and event management platform
- Security operations and incident management
- Vulnerability management and threat protection
- Security awareness training and education
- Collaborate with external teams to help build a culture of security
- Working with teams to build disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Implementing controls to align the company’s security program to industry leading frameworks
- Vendor & Partner security risk assessments
- 5+ years of experience within any information security domain, preferably security operations and/or engineering
- Strong understanding of cloud platforms, AWS preferred
- Experience with container platforms and orchestration like Kubernetes and familiarity with securing these types of environments, EKS preferred
- Deep knowledge of modern deployment pipelines and experience with implementing security controls into the SDLC. Github and Terraform preferred
- Contribute to the development of security standards and policies
- Programming experience in languages like python and shells like bash
- Experience with vulnerability management tools and other scanning tools
- Working knowledge of offensive security tools like metasploit and Kali Linux
- Experience in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Experience leading employees through security training and awareness
- CISSP or other equivalent certification or qualification
- Experience working in fast paced, highly transactional, online environments
What you'll love about us
- Global Impact. Grindr is the world-leading LGTBQ+ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGTBQ+ people around the world.
- High Growth. Like the company itself, this role offers significant room for growth and development
- Remote First: We have offices in LA, NYC, SF, Chicago, and Taipei, though the company is set up not just as remote-friendly, but remote-first. More than 30% of our employees work outside the cities where we have offices. Today, we are set up to hire easily in the US, Canada, and Taiwan. If you live outside one of these countries, just let us know so we can make sure we can support you.
- Compensation: Industry competitive compensation, including equity for all employees
- Benefits: Unlimited vacation policy
- Family insurance: We provide great insurance coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and your family.
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401(k) plan
- Other Perks: home-office stipend, many company-sponsored events
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of daily users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ+ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ+ community.
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer.