Senior Principal Systems Engineer Flex/Hybrid workplace options at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Phoenix, AZ)
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 10+ years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree plus 8 years of job-related experience. Agile experience preferred.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Combined Salary Range
USD $158,500.00 - USD $175,900.00 /Yr.
Responsibilities for this Position
A Relocation package is available for this position.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS), a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
GDMS has an immediate opening for a Senior Principle Systems Engineer to join our team. The position provides an opportunity to develop the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's fundamental defense services. GDMS employees work closely with esteemed clients to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions. The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams to create and manage various GDMS and client technologies. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the Senior Principle Systems Engineer will enhance their skill set among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
GDMS Systems Engineers analyze, design, develop and test GDMS systems to ensure the integration of software, hardware, reliability, maintainability, safety and other requirements in the total engineering effort. Responsibilities include formulating operational concepts; performing mission, functional, cost-benefit and risk analysis; developing signal processing architecture and overall system architecture; preparing specifications; developing requirements; and supporting integration and verification.
Our systems typically include digital signal processing algorithms that are implemented in hardware and software for space-based systems. In addition to the general systems engineering qualification stated above, highly qualified candidates have work experience with digital signal processing algorithm development for the statistical analysis of signal parameter measurements utilizing techniques from Detection & Estimation Theory, Random Processes Analysis, and Communications and Information Theory. Working knowledge of MATLAB for DSP using related toolboxes, background with Radar Processing, DSP for mitigating/processing RF effects, Monte Carlo analysis or Phased Array/Beam Forming is a plus.
Additional Responsibilities, Knowledge, and Skills
- Leads requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies of system, subsystem or system elements with little or no supervision
- Leads Modeling and Simulation activities
- Leads technical planning, cost and risk analyses
- Leads technical tasks for large teams or projects
- Leads small technical proposals and contributes to medium sized proposals
- Exercise creative thinking and ideation to advance our business performance
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs
- Support and engage in programs, projects, and practices behind the GDMS culture and strategy, and comply with all policies and procedures
- Follow industry and department trends and developments to ensure GDMS services are consistent with, and/or superior to, industry best practices
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Electrical Engineering and/or Systems Engineering, particularly with digital signal processing focus
- Experience in SIGINT and Space Payloads
This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran