Paylocity is a cloud-based software company that creates customized HR solutions for small to mid-sized organizations. Our workplace enhances communication and enables employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere. Our award-winning culture ensures everyone has a voice and feels truly welcome. Join Paylocity as we shape the future of technology and the workplace!
We give our employees what they need to succeed, including great benefits and perks! We offer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) match, as well as perks that support you, your family, and your finances. And if it's career development you desire, we provide that, too! At Paylocity, people matter most and have always been at the heart of our business.
Help Paylocity enhance communication and enable employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere with a position in Product & Technology!
Want to develop the strategies and principles needed to deliver compelling software? Join our team and help us enhance our all-in-one software platform, elevate our one-of-a-kind technology, and improve the employee experience.
Take your career to the next level at one of G2's Top 100 Software Companies. Explore our Product & Technology positions to see where you fit!
The Senior Manager, Security Incident Response is a key member of the Information Security leadership team at Paylocity. This role is accountable for the ensuring that the Incident Response and Threat Management team delivers on its mission of ensuring that Paylocity's threat hunting capabilities are built in a manner that adequately safeguards the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of client information.
The role will oversee the portfolio of programs within the threat management and incident response teams.
Reports To: Director of Security Operations
The primary responsibilities of the position follow. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
From a delivery management perspective, the Incident Response Senior Manager:
- Manages a portfolio of initiatives to their successful conclusion, on time and at or under budget with high quality
- Manages the schedule for detection and response initiatives, ensuring that work is evenly distributed, and internal partners are satisfied with timeliness
- Actively manages integrates playbooks and team processes across peer groups
- Ensures that metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) for threat defense are created and maintained
- Continuously works to improve the quality, efficiency, and consistency of incident response detections, threat hunting, playbooks and threat management runbooks
- Leads incident response table top simulations
- Manages the relationships between Paylocity and its threat management vendors and partners, e.g., SIEM vendors, EDR vendors, MDR partners, etc.
- Utilizes a risk-based approach to prioritize the efforts of the Threat Management team
- Leads and coordinates large-scale incident response initiatives that include executive communication, investigative/remediation workstream coordination, and departmental alignment
- Aligns threat management goals and objectives with higher level Information Security department and organizational goals and objectives
- Partners well with other teams within the Information Security department and their managers to seamlessly deliver services or projects jointly
- Stays on top of changes in Paylocity's technology environment and technical architecture to identify changes in areas of excessive risk and to assist with resource allocation
- Ensures that all Paylocity Cyber Threat personnel are trained on threat hunting, incident response and security operations
- Chair quarterly or monthly check-ins with critical incident response partners to facilitate seamless escalation processes
- Regularly educates peers and senior management on learnings and project statuses from their teams
- Works with other leaders to evangelize Threat Management, and to remove barriers that present themselves for their teams
- Develops well-defined career pathing goals, milestones, and relevant training for each of their teams
- Fosters an environment of continuous learning and improvement across all of their respective services and teams
- Provides team with guidance on setting specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely performance and professional development goals and objectives
- Leads by example, demonstrating desirable professional qualities such as integrity, transparency, work ethic, etc. by living them each day
- Actively advocates for the needs and desires of the Threat Management team while simultaneously balancing those needs and desires with those of other teams within the Information Security department and Paylocity as a whole
- Monitors individual performance levels and works with team members who are falling short of expectations to improve their performance
- At least 7-10 years of experience within an information security role
- Bachelor's degree with a preference for computer science, information security, management information systems, or similar major
- Master's degree (MBA or MS) is preferred, but not required
- Previous people management skills including leading and mentoring others
- Strong project management skills
- Communication skills (written & verbal) including public speaking or presenting required
- At least one professional certification such as the Security+, CISSP, CSSLP, C|EH, and / or OSCP required
- Experience with threat defense security tools such as EDR software, Security Information & Event Manager (SIEM) software, web application firewalls (WAF), web application proxies, open-source security testing tools, MDM tools, CASB tools, etc.
- Knowledge of threat intelligence programs
- Familiarity with service management standards such as the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is preferred
- Budget management experience preferred
- Service management / delivery knowledge preferred
- Stays up to date and current on new threats and new developments in the threat management field
- Possesses unassailable professional integrity
- Experience in a payroll, technology, or software company preferred
Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.
Paylocity is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $165,000 - $210,000 /yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.