Senior I&C Engineer at World Fuel Services (Las Vegas, NV)
| Las Vegas, NV
Employer Provided Salary: $91,437-$137,155 Annually
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:02 p.m. (CST) on Monday, January 30, 2023
OverviewMission Support and Test Services, LLC (MSTS) manages and operates the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS) for the U.S. National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA). Our MISSION is to help ensure the security of the United States and its allies by providing high-hazard experimentation and incident response capabilities through operations, engineering, education, field, and integration services and by acting as environmental stewards to the Site's Cold War legacy. Our VISION is to be the user site of choice for large-scale, high-hazard, national security experimentation, with premier facilities and capabilities below ground, on the ground, and in the air. (See NNSS.gov for our unique capabilities.) Our 2,750+ professional, craft, and support employees are called upon to innovate, collaborate, and deliver on some of the more difficult nuclear security challenges facing the world today. In this environment, the best ideas need to be voiced and every opinion matters. As such, MSTS places great value on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and is committed to a diverse and equitable workforce, with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, and perspectives.
- MSTS offers our full-time employees highly competitive salaries and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision; both a pension and a 401k; paid time off and 96 hours of paid holidays; relocation (if located more than 75 miles from work location); tuition assistance and reimbursement; and more.
- MSTS is a limited liability company consisting of Honeywell International Inc. (Honeywell), Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs), and HII Nuclear Inc.
- Support validation and verification of software specified for customer's systems utilizing Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IEEE) - 1012 Verification and Validation of Software Requirements. Software validation needs can be associated with electric circuit analysis, specifying compatible electric and electronic components, network design, cable installations, and an understanding of process control (e.g., ventilation, hydraulics, electrical generation and distribution, Public Address systems, access control and security, and Building Automation).
- Capable of implementing system designs to meet DOE-STD-1195 - Design of Safety Significant Safety Instrumented Systems used at DOE Nonreactor Nuclear Facilities.
- Have a knowledge of requirements traceability, control system component specification and selection (e.g. sub-contractor technical interface and oversight, field engineering support for construction and retrofits, motor controllers and Variable Frequency Drives (VFD), SCADA/DCS/System Integration working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Remote Terminal Units (RTU), Web Relays, Internet of Things (IoT) Devices).
- Serve as Technical Lead for major projects and startups. Initiates collaboration with partners external to MSTS. Leads collaboration with other disciplines and departments to achieve mission execution. Ensure team's processes and deliverables comply with laws, codes, orders, and MSTS policies and procedures. Develop new initiatives for additional scopes of work.
- Serve as an advisor to other personnel and management on difficult and critical technical issues. Participate in business development, by defining customer needs, developing proposals and planning projects that will produce results meeting customer needs. Work with customer personnel to ensure needs are clearly defined. Work with others to meet customer objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Computer, or Networking Engineering an engineering program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), plus at least 5 years' relevant experience. Skill building experience must demonstrate either deeper technical specialization or additional cross-disciplinary knowledge. Graduate research experience may be recognized.
- Have a working knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) and Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).
- Experience understanding and designing network diagrams, plan layouts, control schematics, subcontractor specifications and technical oversight of subcontracted designs. Experience in Department of Energy (DOE) or commercial nuclear facilities is preferred.
- Must have design skills needed to support ongoing projects that include cable and conduit installation, field engineering, control system installation during sustained facility operation, testing and commissioning planning and execution, evaluation of existing field conditions against configuration managed design drawings and reconciling discrepancies.
- Work schedule with be 4/10s Monday-Thursday (subject to change).
- The primary work location will be at the Losee Road facility in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes a drug screen, is required. MSTS maintains a substance abuse policy that includes random drug testing.
- Must posses a valid Driver's license.
Read Full Job Description