Security Engineer at Indigov (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:21 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, September 28, 2022
As our client base grows, we are in need of a Security Engineer to help build and maintain our security program. The nature of our work requires that we comply with federal and state security and compliance frameworks, and you will be an integral part of meeting our clients' security needs.
What You'll Do:
- Develop, implement and manage security program documentation, utilizing automation frameworks to feed security documentation
- Integrate and work with Security Operations Center to gather logs, conduct investigations and develop monitoring dashboard requirements
- Manage NIST 800-53 security program
- Implement and uphold security policies, processes, and procedures across Indigov
- Contribute to development of the cloud security architecture by proposing design improvements, evaluating changes against requirements and system security plans
- Apply security and software assurance best practices for the integration of security into the software development lifecycle and automating and enforcing those checks in pipelines
- Provision and manage infrastructure, automate processes, and monitor security
- 2-5 years of experience managing security programs
- Understanding of NIST 800-53 controls, CIS controls, *nix system administration
- Exposure to LaTex, Markdown, Jinja2
- Git knowledge
- Basic scripting in Bash and Python
- Automation with Ansible and Terraform
- Possess a passion for advancing the democratic experience and desire to improve the function of government
Ideal Candidates Are:
- Passionate about building beautiful and intuitive products that are moving Democracy forward.
- Accountable to one another, our clients, and the heavy responsibility of working with elected officials and constituents.
- Gritty as working with government and in a tech startup can be challenging, but the scale and importance of the problems we are solving more than make up for it. We are looking for folks that share that mentality.
Working at Indigov:
- Competitive compensation: We believe in equitable compensation, and practice what we preach. In addition to a competitive base salary, you can expect a 401(k), cost of benefits covered at 100% and equity.
- Health & Wellness: Flexible spending accounts to cover medical and dependent care, home office, and wellness stipend. 12+ weeks of paid parental leave.
- Unlimited PTO: with mandatory minimum time off, take a break to rest, recharge and refuel with our unlimited time off policy.
- High-degree of autonomy, flexible remote work, office space options
- Flexible & Remote-First: Choose a schedule that works for your lifestyle. Work from wherever you call home in the United States
- Mission-driven and values-based company culture that really, really matters to us!
- Drive the technical direction of the company and help improve the efficacy of the U.S. government
- Equal opportunity employer & emphasis on diversity, inclusion, and belonging at Indigov
What We’re Doing:
Did you know it takes a member of congress, on average, 45 days to respond to even the most basic constituent request? We view this as a fundamental breakdown in the UX of representative democracy and we're building a platform to fix it. We believe technology can help bridge the gap between governments and the people they serve. We’re looking for passionate individuals to drive and build a modern constituent service platform for government.
Indigov is a constituent relationship management suite for the modern representative. Our platform reduces average response times from weeks to minutes for 90% of incoming messages. After going through an exhaustive technical and legal review process with the House of Representatives and the Senate, we recently closed our Series B and are live in hundreds of offices across federal, state, and local governments. We are expanding rapidly and need additional team members to join us in our pursuit to build the future of representative democracy.
Who We Are:
We are a group of technologists and entrepreneurs passionate about increasing the efficiency of representative democracy for both representatives and those they serve. As of Summer 2022, we are about 75 employees and continuing to grow. We lead with our mission and values, and are committed to building and maintaining a positive and connected work culture.
Applying at Indigov:
Studies show that Women and People of Color are both less likely to apply to jobs without meeting every single requirement listed. If this role excites you and you feel that you’d be a great fit, even if you don’t meet every requirement above, please apply! Each and every application is carefully considered, and we’d love to see your resume. Feel free to include a note to share why you think you’d be a great fit if your resume is a little different than the profile above.
More Information on Indigov
Indigov operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA and Washington , DC. Indigov was founded in 2019. It has 80 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Open door policy, OKR operational model, Team based strategic planning, Flexible work schedule, Remote work program and Documented equal pay policy. To see all jobs at Indigov, click here.
Read Full Job Description