WHO WE ARE...
Maxwell was founded in 2015 by homebuyers who were shocked by the complexity and inefficiencies of the mortgage process for borrowers and lending teams alike. We’ve created a platform that has not only streamlined the process and made it more efficient - closing loans 45%+ faster - but has made mortgages more accessible in the process. Our mission is clear: democratize mortgage by helping lenders work more efficiently and stay compliant while eliminating the barrier to entry and the stress for the borrower.
We are a company focused on a supportive, diverse, and inclusive culture - live through our values of Rigor, Ownership, Curiosity, Kindness, and "Straight Up" - to bring equality to the mortgage process and spread financial empowerment. Intrigued? Read on and say hello!
WHO YOU ARE...
As the Quality Control Underwriter (for Diligence) at Maxwell, you enjoy digging in to ensure loan files are accurate and compliant with regulatory standards. You understand what is needed to properly investigate inconsistencies in loan files to protect against fraud, negligence, errors, and omissions through the loan manufacturing process. To ensure a smooth transition from pre-approval to funding, you enjoy cross-functional collaboration with our Fulfillment Services and Capital Markets teams.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING…
- Performing quality control of multi-state loan packages in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws
- Determining if Second Level Reviews (if applicable), are necessary for an effort to find a solution and/or counter offer, or provide guideline compliant decline
- Completing in-depth analysis for each individual investor suspense and/or review
- Executing risk analysis and making decisions regarding deficiencies identified during the review process and recommending resolution to deficiency
- Assisting in the development of QC audit plans and monitoring the progress of implementation of action plans based on quality control findings and results
- Tracking and reporting adverse trends and findings to better and standardize QA process for all coverage areas
- Supporting the development of internal procedures to help fully document and outline all pertinent activities in the QA process
IDEALLY, YOU’LL HAVE...
- Saas experience
- Mortgage experience preferred but not required
- Initiative to drive your own book of business
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Curiosity - you have a passion for learning new things and understanding what makes our customers successful
Compensation Range: $90,000-95,000
WHAT WE OFFER YOU...
An opportunity to be part of an agile team of thinkers and doers who are driven, collaborative, and authentic. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employees are our greatest asset, and you play a key role in shaping our incredible company and culture. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive pay and meaningful equity as an employee at a fast-growing, venture-backed software company. We want you to participate and make decisions as an owner with our future in mind
- Flexible vacation time plus strong benefits packages offering a wide range of top-tier insurance plans so all Maxwell employees can find coverage that best suits their needs
- Up to 2 paid days off each year to volunteer at the charity of your choice
- An "Even Merrier Holidays" where Maxwell closes down the office to make sure employees spend time with family and friends or doing what they love most!
- A company that is people-centric: we care about our employees and foster an inclusive environment to ensure everyone feels valued and has equal opportunities for career progression
At Maxwell, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We're looking for candidates with great experience and alignment with our core values. Maxwell is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Maxwell are based on a person's merit, business needs, and role requirements.
More Information on Maxwell
Maxwell operates in the Fintech industry. The company is located in Denver, CO. Maxwell was founded in 2015. It has 80 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Volunteer in local community, Partners with nonprofits, Friends outside of work, Eat lunch together, Open door policy and OKR operational model. To see all 1 open jobs at Maxwell, click here.
Read Full Job Description