Network Security Administrator - NOC at General Dynamics (Washington DC)
Guard Enterprise Cyber Operations Support (GECOS) - Network Security Administrator - NOC
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
GDIT has an opening for a Network Security Administrator - NOC position supporting the Army National Guard (ARNG) in Chantilly, VA. This is an IT Service Management contract in support of the operation, modernization, expansion, and further evolution of the ARNG's global Information Technology (IT) services including networking, compute, storage, infrastructure, applications, hosting, and program management services. The GECOS program supports the ARNG enterprise IT infrastructure, its Wide Area Network (WAN), authentication and directory services, cybersecurity, application hosting, and associated services. GECOS uses ITIL best practices framework as the basis for IT Service Management (ITSM) model.
The Network Security Administrator - NOC will:
- Responsible for Enterprise IT Services and Support for WAN and LAN security operations.
- Provides 24/7/365 active monitoring of network security systems and maintaining the policies within the Joint 802.1x Platform.
- Maintains devices in the Joint AAA Platform (e.g., B/P/C/S switches).
- Supports: IDS, Firewall, Router ACSs, and VPN security policies.
- Manages ACS and RBAC to ensure administrator permissions are provisioned properly.
- Supports DOD enterprise initiatives such as WCF and JRSS security appliances. Performs work under supervision, as necessary.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 8 years IT relevant experience and 5 years network operations experience
- Experience managing Routers, Firewalls, IDS/IPS configurations and policies
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Possess the appropriate baseline certifications to achieve DoD 8570.01-M InformationAssurance Technical (IAT) Level II (CompTIA Security+ or higher)
- An active SECRET DoD clearance
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.